CB Jalil Tucker enters transfer portal

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

greenyellow

CB Jalil Tucker enters transfer portal

Post by greenyellow »

CB Jalil Tucker has entered the transfer portal. A tad disappointing with how highly-recruited he was but certainly understandable with all the DBs on the roster.
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Re: CB Jalil Tucker enters transfer portal

Post by UOducksTK1 »

Can’t keep them all! Hope he finds a good fit.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
StevensTechU
All Pac-12

Post by StevensTechU »

Blah. Sounded like he didn't have the fire in his first year. Still tons of talent.
Everythingsducky
Senior

Post by Everythingsducky »

He and Florence were rated about the same. But Florence came out in spring, while Tucker came later. Wonder if he was behind the eight ball by coming in later.
StevensTechU
All Pac-12

Post by StevensTechU »

Everythingsducky wrote:He and Florence were rated about the same. But Florence came out in spring, while Tucker came later. Wonder if he was behind the eight ball by coming in later.
Historically, cornerbacks take time to develop. Troy Hill - perennial NFLer - didn't do much for 4 years. Thomas Graham and other future pros also looked like hot garbage for their first year. Only thing you can really judge off of year 1 is athleticism and effort. Skill comes later.
73duck
Three Star Recruit

Post by 73duck »

IIRC Steve Smith and Rashad Bauman started together as true frosh and got absolutely torched, but ended their careers as all coast/NFL draftees.
chapelhillduck
Senior

Post by chapelhillduck »

73duck wrote:IIRC Steve Smith and Rashad Bauman started together as true frosh and got absolutely torched, but ended their careers as all coast/NFL draftees.
StevensTechU wrote:
Everythingsducky wrote:He and Florence were rated about the same. But Florence came out in spring, while Tucker came later. Wonder if he was behind the eight ball by coming in later.
Historically, cornerbacks take time to develop. Troy Hill - perennial NFLer - didn't do much for 4 years. Thomas Graham and other future pros also looked like hot garbage for their first year. Only thing you can really judge off of year 1 is athleticism and effort. Skill comes later.
I distinctly remember getting frustrated that Troy couldn’t cover people…and then senior year he did

FWIW, I think Florence and Manning will be lockdown by the time they’re done here (Manning is closer). Hopefully that happens sometime soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
buckmarkduck
All-American

Post by buckmarkduck »

StevensTechU wrote:

If I remember right Hill also had to play behind Ifo and Mitchell. TMitch was actually really good his first year starting. And is still playing in the NFL.
rockthief
Senior

Post by rockthief »

buckmarkduck wrote:
StevensTechU wrote:

If I remember right Hill also had to play behind Ifo and Mitchell. TMitch was actually really good his first year starting. And is still playing in the NFL.
can you imagine having those four ^^^^guys now!?
Everythingsducky
Senior

Post by Everythingsducky »

chapelhillduck wrote:
73duck wrote:IIRC Steve Smith and Rashad Bauman started together as true frosh and got absolutely torched, but ended their careers as all coast/NFL draftees.
StevensTechU wrote:
I distinctly remember getting frustrated that Troy couldn’t cover people…and then senior year he did

FWIW, I think Florence and Manning will be lockdown by the time they’re done here (Manning is closer). Hopefully that happens sometime soon.

Same for Aaron Gipson. Absolutely got torched for years (remember plenty of times screaming at him at games), then was one of the best his senior year. Took a major leap. Was lockdown senior year.
pudgejeff
Senior
GM: Sacramento Kings GM

Post by pudgejeff »

Everythingsducky wrote:
chapelhillduck wrote:
StevensTechU wrote:

Same for Aaron Gipson. Absolutely got torched for years (remember plenty of times screaming at him at games), then was one of the best his senior year. Took a major leap. Was lockdown senior year.
Him and Marquess Binns starting together as freshman was rough.
buckmarkduck
All-American

Post by buckmarkduck »

Hearing Barkins has had a good spring and played really well yesterday. Was another guys ahead of Tucker. Doesn’t sound like Tucker was going to see the field besides ST.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

Headed to SDSU.
DuckMastaFunk
Five Star Recruit

Post by DuckMastaFunk »

Isn’t he from SD?