2023 NFL Draft Thread

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

greenyellow

2023 NFL Draft Thread

Post by greenyellow »

Figured we should have a thread to discuss the NFL Draft besides talking about just former Ducks picked.
greenyellow

Re: 2023 NFL Draft Thread

Post by greenyellow »

Cardinals have been making a lot of moves early but they could easily have had Paris Johnson later than they got him.

Also, Raiders with a questionable move in not going with Gonzo and picking DE Tyree Wilson out of Texas Tech.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

Looks like Oregon's streak of top-10 picks will end at 3.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

Gonzo continues dropping as Detroit goes with Alabama RB Gibbs at #12.
OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

Colts with the dumbest pick of all IMO.
Last edited by OregonFan4Life on Thu Apr 27, 2023 9:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
droop10
Five Star Recruit

Post by droop10 »

OregonFan4Life wrote:Seahawks with the dumbest pick of all IMO.
While I dislike the Seahawks immensely, I don’t know how you came to that conclusion. They got what many consider the CB1 and WR1 in the draft. Both can help them. Much worse picks so far, for instance:

1) Falcons take RB when they have a ton of holes to fill and has Algeier produce.
2). Both of the Lions picks - just bad positional value, and they already have a decent RB room. Could have used that pick to fill some other holes. Plus an ILB that again has low positional value and likely would have been available to them later in the draft.
3) Packers taking Van Ness. Raw prospect, never even started in college, plus they could really use weapons for Love, but they insist on never drafting weapons for their QBs early.
OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

droop10 wrote:
While I dislike the Seahawks immensely, I don’t know how you came to that conclusion. They got what many consider the CB1 and WR1 in the draft. Both can help them. Much worse picks so far, for instance:

1) Falcons take RB when they have a ton of holes to fill and has Algeier produce.
2). Both of the Lions picks - just bad positional value, and they already have a decent RB room. Could have used that pick to fill some other holes. Plus an ILB that again has low positional value and likely would have been available to them later in the draft.
3) Packers taking Van Ness. Raw prospect, never even started in college, plus they could really use weapons for Love, but they insist on never drafting weapons for their QBs early.
Had a brain fart, meant to say Colts, no idea why I said Hawks, though they should’ve taken Gonzo over Witherspoon IMO.

I think taking a project QB that high is dumb, Richardson is just another Jamarcus Russell.
droop10
Five Star Recruit

Post by droop10 »

OregonFan4Life wrote:
droop10 wrote:

Had a brain fart, meant to say Colts, no idea why I said Hawks, though they should’ve taken Gonzo over Witherspoon IMO.

I think taking a project QB that high is dumb, Richardson is just another Jamarcus Russell.
Eh, the Colts desperately needed a QB, and Richardson is the ultimate boom or bust. The Colts new head coach tailored an offense around Jalen Hurts’ strengths, and Richardson has a similar skill set. Think it’s a good match, and at least gives Richardson a little better chance at success. Witherspoon is pretty damn good and fits Carroll’s scheme well, so I get why they went that route. Gonzalez found a nice home in New England.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

Utah TE Dalton Kincaid going to Buffalo is one of the best steals of the first round. The Chargers getting Quentin Johnston seems like a good fit for Herbert, who needed another WR alongside Williams and Allen.
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

greenyellow wrote:Utah TE Dalton Kincaid going to Buffalo is one of the best steals of the first round. The Chargers getting Quentin Johnston seems like a good fit for Herbert, who needed another WR alongside Williams and Allen.
NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO

If he booms, great, I'm an idiot. I think its a terrible fit and does nothing to change the WR room in any way. They just drafted more of the same and his H/L aren't that great because its all spread nonsense that doesn't play next level.

N'Keal Harry 2.0
bellsduck
Senior
GM: Utah Jazz

Post by bellsduck »

Duck07 wrote:
greenyellow wrote:Utah TE Dalton Kincaid going to Buffalo is one of the best steals of the first round. The Chargers getting Quentin Johnston seems like a good fit for Herbert, who needed another WR alongside Williams and Allen.
NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO

If he booms, great, I'm an idiot. I think its a terrible fit and does nothing to change the WR room in any way. They just drafted more of the same and his H/L aren't that great because its all spread nonsense that doesn't play next level.

N'Keal Harry 2.0
I'll second this.
bellsduck
Senior
GM: Utah Jazz

Post by bellsduck »

DJ Johnson, 2nd duck off the board.
Good for him.
dthomas=ddixon

Post by dthomas=ddixon »

Probably his time spent at TE that really made them fall in love with him.
GrandpaDuck
Senior

Post by GrandpaDuck »

I three am not sold on the Chargers pick. Beside the issues already mentioned the guys college QB was throwing marshmallows and he had a lot of drops. Good luck when Herbert is throwing BBs at him.
GrandpaDuck
Senior

Post by GrandpaDuck »

So did the front office even watch any of the games last year.

5th round before they take a lineman for a team who couldn't run block or pass protect. They ignored that their run defense sucked as well and went with another edge rusher in the 2nd. I'll give them a D grade through 5 rounds and I'm normally an easy grader.

They might be going on the take the highest player left on their board each pick and go after positions of need in free agency. If so ignore this post and we'll see how the draft looks in a couple years.