2023 NFL Draft Thread

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

Phalanx
Senior

Re: 2023 NFL Draft Thread

Post by Phalanx »

Well I, for one, am glad they drafted a couple of receivers. Justin basically had nobody to throw to at the end of last year, and that is why I watch the Chargers, for Justin to throw to people. It didn't look like anything was going to happen in free agency based on the cap woes, so this seemed like the only hope. Here's hoping the guys they got end up producing.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

The Rams have drafted Stetson Bennett while the Chargers have picked Max Duggan. Odd circumstances that the starting QBs for the CFP finalists will be starting their careers in the same building they played their final CFB game.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

Ducks finish with 6 total players drafted.
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

PFF Top 100 Rankings for the 2024 draft
#29 - Bo Nix
#41 - Troy Franklin
#67 - Bucky Irving
#81 - Brandon Dorlus
OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

Duck07 wrote:PFF Top 100 Rankings for the 2024 draft
#29 - Bo Nix
#41 - Troy Franklin
#67 - Bucky Irving
#81 - Brandon Dorlus
That’s too low for Troy Franklin.
dthomas=ddixon

Post by dthomas=ddixon »

I think Franklin’s going to have a huge year, similar to UTSA’s Franklin last year. He’ll move up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

There isn't anything I like about the Chargers draft and Tom TeLesco's history as a GM on draft day is frankly one of the worst in the league over the decade he's had the job.

They had a real need to fix the running game in order to force teams out of playing in a 2-high look every down. The easiest way to do this was to target a TE, RB and C knowing that Everett, Ekeler and Linsley are all gone next year in FA/Cap Casualty. This was how you "fixed" the deep passing game for Justin...

They went with a project WR who has an average 40, poor shuttle & 3-cone times (but hey look at that vertical) and is not a natural hands-catcher. He only knows 2 routes and his projection is based entirely on NOT playing with a noodle-armed QB who underthrows everything.

They ignored TE in one of the deepest TE classes in recent memory and while I could vaguely see not drafting a RB in this draft due to other teams needs, waiting to take a Center who will take over for Corey Linsley when he gets a tendinitis flare-up in his knee is just GM malpractice when Will Clapp is OC2.

Defensively they had a real problem stopping the run and while I like Tuli as a player, I think he's a Tweener who is a poor scheme fit as an Edge defender for LA. I like Henley, but why draft him in the 3rd and use such resources when you refuse to pay your own draft picks at LB? The CBs are largely all recovering from injury, 1 of whom is a Cut-candidate should he not recover so taking a CB was not a luxury pick either when they blew the game to the Jags on Defense when Davis went out injured.
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

OregonFan4Life wrote:
Duck07 wrote:PFF Top 100 Rankings for the 2024 draft
#29 - Bo Nix
#41 - Troy Franklin
#67 - Bucky Irving
#81 - Brandon Dorlus
That’s too low for Troy Franklin.
It's going to be a tremendous WR class next year. He'll have every chance to become a 1st rounder.