Spring Game - 4/29/2023

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

buckmarkduck
All-American

Re: Spring Game - 4/29/2023

Post by buckmarkduck »

73duck wrote:The first Thompson play looked like a backwards pass to me; the defender should have scooped it up.

The difference in the backup QBs is that Thompson made fast reads and then threw the ball at defenders. Novosad made slow reads and threw the ball when the receiver was no longer open. Nix did not have a great day, so maybe we need to credit the defense for making the QBs look bad.

Nix had like 4-5 drops also. His day was fine considering he played with a bunch of guys who probably won’t see the field much this season.
GrantDuck
Senior

Post by GrantDuck »

In this day and age though, I absolutely love that Ty Thompson has stuck with the program as a backup and clearly improved his strength and his game. Really hoping he takes that next step before next season. Kid you want to root for.
StevensTechU
All Pac-12

Post by StevensTechU »

GrantDuck wrote:In this day and age though, I absolutely love that Ty Thompson has stuck with the program as a backup and clearly improved his strength and his game. Really hoping he takes that next step before next season. Kid you want to root for.
Really reminds me of the grit and determination of the great Jeff Lockie.