QUACK! USC WR transfer Bryant Jr picks Oregon

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

greenyellow

QUACK! USC WR transfer Bryant Jr picks Oregon

Post by greenyellow »

Oregon has landed the commitment of USC WR transfer Gary Bryant Jr. He should really help out in the slot and on special teams.
squintsdd
Sophomore

Re: QUACK! USC WR transfer Bryant Jr picks Oregon

Post by squintsdd »

Seems an interesting pick since Oregon is already in pretty good shape at receiver
wepto
Four Star Recruit

Post by wepto »

squintsdd wrote:Seems an interesting pick since Oregon is already in pretty good shape at receiver
I think you should check the roster one more time. The starters will be very good, but the backups look thin.
dthomas=ddixon

Post by dthomas=ddixon »

Nice add. We needed more playmaking ability in the slot, Tez and GBJ should help with that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
buckmarkduck
All-American

Post by buckmarkduck »

Got to wonder what Hutson will do this summer. Tez and Bryant will most certainly take a lot of reps from him. I actually anticipate them finding ways to get Franklin Tez and GBJ on the field together
Phalanx
Senior

Post by Phalanx »

buckmarkduck wrote:Got to wonder what Hutson will do this summer. Tez and Bryant will most certainly take a lot of reps from him. I actually anticipate them finding ways to get Franklin Tez and GBJ on the field together
These developments are so interesting to me. When Mario left, all we were hearing about was the 'full cupboard' that he left at Oregon. Now, over and over, we are seeing Mario recruits getting supplanted by players with less experience in the program. Is it just a style/ culture difference that is pushing these guys out, or were Mario, and to some degree the recruiting gurus who gave his recruits all those stars just bad judges of talent?
squintsdd
Sophomore

Post by squintsdd »

wepto wrote:
squintsdd wrote:Seems an interesting pick since Oregon is already in pretty good shape at receiver
I think you should check the roster one more time. The starters will be very good, but the backups look thin.
I still think it's an interesting decision. He definitely could've gotten more playing time elsewhere, but perhaps the closeness to home was a big draw for him
nogerO
Senior

Post by nogerO »

Phalanx wrote:
buckmarkduck wrote:Got to wonder what Hutson will do this summer. Tez and Bryant will most certainly take a lot of reps from him. I actually anticipate them finding ways to get Franklin Tez and GBJ on the field together
These developments are so interesting to me. When Mario left, all we were hearing about was the 'full cupboard' that he left at Oregon. Now, over and over, we are seeing Mario recruits getting supplanted by players with less experience in the program. Is it just a style/ culture difference that is pushing these guys out, or were Mario, and to some degree the recruiting gurus who gave his recruits all those stars just bad judges of talent?
Star chasers?
"To give anything less than your best, is to sacrifice the gift." - Steve Prefontaine
Phalanx
Senior

Post by Phalanx »

Dave Ukulele taking credit for the signing on Twitter. Does that bug anyone else? Getting a LaVar Ball vibe
GrantDuck
Senior

Post by GrantDuck »

Phalanx wrote:
Also very interested. There's this conflict going in in CFB now between mass transfer portal vs development. Dan has said repeatedly he wants the latter, but he's also clearly wanted his own dudes to develop.

I think Mario left the O-Line cupboard pretty deep, but there were absolutely some misevaluations (especially in the covid class) on defense from the previous staff.