Lanning gets extension through 2028

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

greenyellow

Lanning gets extension through 2028

Post by greenyellow »

Dan Lanning has agreed to a contract extension that'll keep him in Eugene (hopefully) through 2028 and make him a top 15-20 paid coach in CFB. It'll be finalized on Thursday.
Duck07
All-American

Re: Lanning gets extension through 2028

Post by Duck07 »

Helps solidify to recruits his plan is to be here during their stay and re-up his buyout number should he get poached.
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

Now we just need a TV deal and a solid conference.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

He basically doubled his salary and his buyout is now massive throughout the deal.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

GrantDuck
Senior

Post by GrantDuck »

Educated gamble. I'm glad Dan appears committed to Eugene.
StevensTechU
All Pac-12

Post by StevensTechU »

I don't see how this large of an operational expense increase is passed without everyone having insight into the new TV deal situation. That Mullens quote in the tweet above sure seems to hint, as well, depending on tone.
spacefrog13x
Three Star Recruit

Post by spacefrog13x »

StevensTechU wrote:I don't see how this large of an operational expense increase is passed without everyone having insight into the new TV deal situation. That Mullens quote in the tweet above sure seems to hint, as well, depending on tone.
I have no inside knowledge, but feels like UO and UW are just waiting for Big-10 invites to come in. Pac-whatever is going the way of the SWC.

Amazing in 10 years they went from almost being a super conference with OU and UT, to this.
lmduck
Four Star Recruit

Post by lmduck »

StevensTechU wrote:I don't see how this large of an operational expense increase is passed without everyone having insight into the new TV deal situation. That Mullens quote in the tweet above sure seems to hint, as well, depending on tone.

Rob Mullens confirms Dan Lanning's contract is supported by philanthropy of Oregon donors and "as we look forward to some other things as well."

Very key phrase there.
buckmarkduck
All-American

Post by buckmarkduck »

Sounds like Mrs Ballmer stepped up and helped with Lannings salary.
StevensTechU
All Pac-12

Post by StevensTechU »

lmduck wrote:

Rob Mullens confirms Dan Lanning's contract is supported by philanthropy of Oregon donors and "as we look forward to some other things as well."

Very key phrase there.
Noted, and you're closer with the individuals than I am, but it would be quite unusual to see a large, ongoing expense approved weeks ahead of a key revenue item (TV deal) being settled unless you had a very good outlook. Are boosters paying the full $2.5M/yr? If so, why mention "as we look forward to some other things as well" if that's the case?
ducks5ever
Four Star Recruit

Post by ducks5ever »

greenyellow wrote:He basically doubled his salary and his buyout is now massive throughout the deal.
i dont think buyouts matter much these days anymore. cashstrapped fsu ponied up ~20 million to get rid of Taggart. Theres no doubt that a name brand team in the SEC/Big 10(/ACC?) could come up with the funds needed if that ever becomes necessary. The big brand teams are our threat anyways. A serious buyout would be something more along the lines of Mel Tucker's contract at MSU (which went a solid 5-7 last year). Of course, big buyout + high salary much preferred over the contrary. I'm not resting easy though.
lmduck
Four Star Recruit

Post by lmduck »

buckmarkduck wrote:Sounds like Mrs Ballmer stepped up and helped with Lannings salary.
Not Mrs Ballmer but good guess

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
buckmarkduck
All-American

Post by buckmarkduck »

They gave a bunch of money to UO, and if this is right, also chipped in another 20mill for faculty housing.

Nice to have another rich alum

https://childrensbehavioralhealth.uoreg ... llmer-gift
lmduck
Four Star Recruit

Post by lmduck »

buckmarkduck wrote:They gave a bunch of money to UO, and if this is right, also chipped in another 20mill for faculty housing.

Nice to have another rich alum

https://childrensbehavioralhealth.uoreg ... llmer-gift
Yep- can never have too many rich alums

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk