Duck07 Thread

Anything that wont fit in any of the other forums

Moderators: greenyellow, UOducksTK1

MFRDuckFan
Senior

Re: Duck07 Thread

Post by MFRDuckFan »

I understand a man's point of view on the flower thing and I'm not necessarily one that indulges or "forces" my husband into buying them, but once in awhile sure is nice. I actually go more for the sunflowers/natural bundles vs. roses because they remind me of spring, especially in the winter time.... Plus, they're grown domestically vs. roses that are typically shipped in from outside the country.

Let's just say in the whole scheme of things, a nice big bundle of flowers from Costco would cost you the same as a 12 pack of micro-brew, so I'd say your woman is worth it. :D
duckfan96
Senior

Post by duckfan96 »

I buy my wife roses quite a bit. Also buy her rose bushes and other flowers she can plant and look at. They make her happy and I like to make her happy. I dont drink ...so I guess I spend less money on them than I would alcohol. I think flowers once in a while is a good trade off for the pain in the ass I become during football season. Oh yeah for my birthday she got me room, flight and will buy tickets to the lsu game. So roses....no problem.
MFRDuckFan
Senior

Post by MFRDuckFan »

duckfan96 wrote:I buy my wife roses quite a bit. Also buy her rose bushes and other flowers she can plant and look at. They make her happy and I like to make her happy. I dont drink ...so I guess I spend less money on them than I would alcohol. I think flowers once in a while is a good trade off for the pain in the ass I become during football season. Oh yeah for my birthday she got me room, flight and will buy tickets to the lsu game. So roses....no problem.
+200 for you my friend! Although I'm more of a pain in the a$$ during football season (I am more of a football junkie than he is) so maybe I should buy my hubby more micro brew. He does have a keg in the garage that I keep full, so maybe he wants flowers?!
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

MFRDuckFan wrote:
duckfan96 wrote:I buy my wife roses quite a bit. Also buy her rose bushes and other flowers she can plant and look at. They make her happy and I like to make her happy. I dont drink ...so I guess I spend less money on them than I would alcohol. I think flowers once in a while is a good trade off for the pain in the ass I become during football season. Oh yeah for my birthday she got me room, flight and will buy tickets to the lsu game. So roses....no problem.
+200 for you my friend! Although I'm more of a pain in the a$$ during football season (I am more of a football junkie than he is) so maybe I should buy my hubby more micro brew. He does have a keg in the garage that I keep full, so maybe he wants flowers?!
Let's get this back on track now, shall we? :D :lol:
Yes, drinking out of the Growler does make it taste better!
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

I can't find a picture for it, but Steelhead Brewing's "Bombay Bomber IPA" goes perfect with a grilled pacific coast salmon during those hot summer nights!
MFRDuckFan
Senior

Post by MFRDuckFan »

Dead Guy Ale............yummy. :twisted:
L Perry
Four Star Recruit

Post by L Perry »

With Salmon, I prefer Rogue's MORIMOTO SOBA ALE. :ugeek:
Last edited by L Perry on Wed Feb 16, 2011 9:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Probae esti in segetem sunt deteriorem datae fruges, tamen ipsae suaptae enitent
wheaton4prez
Senior

Post by wheaton4prez »

Duck07 wrote:Let's get this back on track now, shall we? :D :lol:
This thread is specifically for not being on track. Trying to keep it on track would be off topic.

Please start your own narrowly focused thread in the appropriate place.
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

wheaton4prez wrote:
Duck07 wrote:Let's get this back on track now, shall we? :D :lol:
This thread is specifically for not being on track. Trying to keep it on track would be off topic.

Please start your own narrowly focused thread in the appropriate place.
I meant getting on the beer track! :lol: I also plan on making this one of the oddest threads in the internetz so lets not to do anything to get away from that now

In tonight's fridge:
Elduderino
Senior

Post by Elduderino »

I know good and well the wonders of Oregon Microbrews. I humbly submit only some of Nor Cal's finest:

AKA: CAgrown
MFRDuckFan
Senior

Post by MFRDuckFan »

The hubby tends to stick with Black Butte Porter & Mirror Pond. :mrgreen:
Elduderino
Senior

Post by Elduderino »

MFRDuckFan wrote:The hubby tends to stick with Black Butte Porter & Mirror Pond. :mrgreen:
Both very solid choices
AKA: CAgrown
Phalanx
Senior

Post by Phalanx »

What does all of this have to do with Ron Paul and ending the Fed?
nogerO
Senior

Post by nogerO »

MFRDuckFan wrote:
canaduck wrote:
MFRDuckFan wrote:Maybe you guys want to talk about girl stuff!!! Let's see............our cycles, why we need to chat about our feelings when you're obviously in the middle of something OR why we find it necessary to remind you three years down the road of some horrible, insignificant thing we've been holding over your head all this time!! :lol: :lol:
What the heck is it about girls liking flowers? They're just plants!
They're pretty! And it makes us feel good that you went out of your way to get them just for US. I don't necessarily like the delivered kind because you can get a bigger bunch at Costco and save the delivery charge but I know tons of women love it when their man has flowers delivered at their work. It's our way of saying "suck it" to the other girls. :D

I often keep wondering if it's also a deep seeded matter of control for us ladies. Man get flowers - I am in control. Not sure if I've worked out the psychology on that one yet!! :lol:

So why would you threaten them with a good time?
"To give anything less than your best, is to sacrifice the gift." - Steve Prefontaine
MFRDuckFan
Senior

Post by MFRDuckFan »

Elduderino wrote:
MFRDuckFan wrote:The hubby tends to stick with Black Butte Porter & Mirror Pond. :mrgreen:
Both very solid choices
I love it when he hangs out in the garage & comes in happy!! The keg is an amazing thing. Adapted my old fridge with a tap on the side & took out the shelving except for one side to hold the pint glasses. Ah yes.......... the little things in life!