Moderators: greenyellow, UOducksTK1

MFRDuckFan
Senior

Re: Duck07 Thread

Post by MFRDuckFan »

nogerO wrote:
MFRDuckFan wrote:
canaduck wrote:
MFRDuckFan wrote:Maybe you guys want to talk about girl stuff!!! Let's see............our cycles, why we need to chat about our feelings when you're obviously in the middle of something OR why we find it necessary to remind you three years down the road of some horrible, insignificant thing we've been holding over your head all this time!! :lol: :lol:
What the heck is it about girls liking flowers? They're just plants!
They're pretty! And it makes us feel good that you went out of your way to get them just for US. I don't necessarily like the delivered kind because you can get a bigger bunch at Costco and save the delivery charge but I know tons of women love it when their man has flowers delivered at their work. It's our way of saying "suck it" to the other girls. :D

I often keep wondering if it's also a deep seeded matter of control for us ladies. Man get flowers - I am in control. Not sure if I've worked out the psychology on that one yet!! :lol:

So why would you threaten them with a good time?
Hahahaha!!! :lol: :lol: When you get flowers & your office mates don't, that's a great day for a woman. She gets to lord over the office about "her man". :D
goducks
Freshman

Post by goducks »

I MUCH prefer Microbrews over flowers! Unfortunately there just is NO good beer over here..., but the wine, of course, is excellent!

Notice the plane that we flew on?
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

Phalanx wrote:What does all of this have to do with Ron Paul and ending the Fed?
It means he wins the CPAC straw poll for a 2nd year in a row and all the conservative talking heads can talk about is how impressive mitt rommey took 2nd is and how the alaskan quitter got a handful of the room's biggest moron's to vote for her. two main problems i see with a Ron Paul nomination: Who in the hell would he be able to fill his cabinet with that isn't another puppet politician who simply does what their financiers tell them to and who becomes the next Sirhan Sirhan? No way the MIC allows Ron Paul to become President because the budget would be practically balanced overnight with massive, across the board cuts to our military empire while drastically scaling back our foreign policy.
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

goducks wrote:I MUCH prefer Microbrews over flowers! Unfortunately there just is NO good beer over here..., but the wine, of course, is excellent!
One of the few games I missed as a student was to visit my father in Beaulieu my FR year. I remember shopping at a supermarket in Monaco and seeing two massive wine aisles that stretched easily 40 yards and close to 10 feet high. :shock: Say what you will about the quality of NW wines - there is no comparison to the wine culture between the two regions.
Elduderino
Senior

Post by Elduderino »

Duck07 wrote:
Phalanx wrote:What does all of this have to do with Ron Paul and ending the Fed?
It means he wins the CPAC straw poll for a 2nd year in a row and all the conservative talking heads can talk about is how impressive mitt rommey took 2nd is and how the alaskan quitter got a handful of the room's biggest moron's to vote for her. two main problems i see with a Ron Paul nomination: Who in the hell would he be able to fill his cabinet with that isn't another puppet politician who simply does what their financiers tell them to and who becomes the next Sirhan Sirhan? No way the MIC allows Ron Paul to become President because the budget would be practically balanced overnight with massive, across the board cuts to our military empire while drastically scaling back our foreign policy.
There would be no Sirhan Sirhan because it wouldn't be needed. Both parties are trying (and successfully) to marginalize Paul by making him out as some nutcase. Paul's budget cuts wouldn't just focus on the Pentagon, but would crush entitlement programs like welfare, farm subsidies, etc.... His budget would piss off quite a few people (not that it's a bad thing).
AKA: CAgrown
L Perry
Four Star Recruit

Post by L Perry »

goducks wrote:I MUCH prefer Microbrews over flowers! Unfortunately there just is NO good beer over here..., but the wine, of course, is excellent!

You should be able to find some Dutch Beer there. This guide is fairly good IMO. The ones I have tried off the list match fairly well to the description, some good stuff!
Probae esti in segetem sunt deteriorem datae fruges, tamen ipsae suaptae enitent
Phalanx
Senior

Post by Phalanx »

Duck07 wrote:
Yeah, that cabinet would be pretty eclectic. Oh, and it would be a little smaller too; a few less Czars. I'm pretty sure Dr. Paul would have to move to another place every few days so that the bankers couldn't find him.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

Duck07 wrote:
He could never win because he's sort of like the Republican's version of Dennis Kucinich. There just aren't a lot of credible Republicans, Democrats, or Independents who would stick their necks out for his stances.
TriDuck
Three Star Recruit

Post by TriDuck »

Oregon: The "Real" number 1 team
wheaton4prez
Senior

Post by wheaton4prez »

I think that Ron Paul with Mitt Romney's body and Obama's speaking ability would do pretty well actually.
Elduderino
Senior

Post by Elduderino »

Porter Stansberry. Blending some truth with fantasized apocalyptic repercussions to sucker people in. He's right that the dollar is in trouble, alternative global currencies are gaining steam, and the U.S. (generally speaking) has a sputtering economic engine. We are not however, on the verge of breaking into anarchy and chaos. His diatribe reads like the handicapper's act on sports talk radio, substituting Adam Meyers for Stansberry. Dude is a crook.

http://www.sec.gov/litigation/complaints/comp18090.htm
Elduderino
Senior

Post by Elduderino »

wheaton4prez wrote:I think that Ron Paul with Mitt Romney's body and Obama's speaking ability would do pretty well actually.
I don't disagree at all. Where he stands now though he is simply too easy to push to the fringe and he lacks the "electable traits" you alluded to necessary to effectively push back. It's certainly refreshing to hear someone willing to so drastically split from the party line. At some point someone is going to have to make some politically painful moves to fix this mess and he is one of the few who has had the intestinal fortitude to make such suggestions.
wheaton4prez
Senior

Post by wheaton4prez »

Yeah. I think there are a lot of politicians that agree with him in principle and would like to see the changes he calls for. It's just that political feasibility is an important consideration. It would be better to accomplish 5% of Paul's ideas via a less ambitious over-all plan than to waste an entire administration worth of time battling over the other 95% and ending up with 0% change at the end.

Never know though. With the current economic troubles, the climate could become conducive to some big changes. I just don't think that Paul inspires enough public confidence to be the pitch man for it. The people need romance to be part of their leadership decisions, unfortunately.
goducks
Freshman

Post by goducks »

There is actually a Ninkasi Brewing Company here (in Lyon, France) and it has nothing to do with the Ninkasi Brewery in Eugene, other than the name. But, I tried some of their beers and they are too strong and bitter... I was wondering why "Ninkasi" and I found the answer on Wikipedia: Ninkasi is the ancient Sumerian matron goddess of beer.

http://www.ninkasi.fr/

Notice the plane that we flew on?
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »