MBB: UCLA vs Oregon (Wed 6 PM ESPN2)

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

Duck07
All-American

Re: MBB: UCLA vs Oregon (Wed 6 PM ESPN2)

Post by Duck07 »

greenyellow wrote:Oregon finally getting some defensive stops and easy baskets.
Seemed like the decision to focus on Defense and get inside and draw fouls has completely changed the tone of the game in our favor.
OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

Now this is the Will Richardson I wanted to see this season! He’s back!
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

Oregon just hit another gear while UCLA absolutely melted due to the Ducks' full-court pressure.
OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

These refs trying to keep this game close late.
woundedknees
All-American

Post by woundedknees »

Great win... Refs kept it closer than it should have been.

Oregon's D had UCLA looking sloppy, bewildered, and tired.

70% shooting in the second half, 61% for the game... NICE!
Autzen Stadium... Where great teams go to die...Hard!

Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

It's just what we've come to expect from Dana Altman and his teams that they get better and play with more focus as the season goes on.

Duarte gets a lot of the light but that was a team-fueled victory with plenty of big plays to go around.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

Heckuva last 8 minutes for Oregon in this game. Altman is masterful in getting his teams righted quickly in-game and turning what would be sure losses for most teams into wins for the Ducks.
GrantDuck
Senior

Post by GrantDuck »

High quality game between the 2 best coaches in the conference!

Great finish and man, Chandler Lawson has hit the GO button the last few games with his effort and intensity. Someone lit a fire under his ass.

Richardson is also rounding into form as most of us knew he would.

Half court defense needs improvement, lots of breakdowns there tonight(doesn't help that we don't have a true shot blocker).
Tray Dub
All Pac-12

Post by Tray Dub »

Duck07 wrote:It's just what we've come to expect from Dana Altman and his teams that they get better and play with more focus as the season goes on.
It's crazy how consistent the pattern is.
Everythingsducky
Senior

Post by Everythingsducky »

Tray Dub wrote:
Duck07 wrote:It's just what we've come to expect from Dana Altman and his teams that they get better and play with more focus as the season goes on.
It's crazy how consistent the pattern is.
Clockwork.
GrantDuck
Senior

Post by GrantDuck »

A few notes:

1. If we win this weekend, we'll be back2back champs in the Pac-12 in football AND basketball!

2. If this team had a shot blocker on defense like Wooten(who crazy enough would be a senior this year) or Bell, we'd be in contention for the championship this year.

3. You have to think at this point Duarte has played himself into being a first rounder. I saw his game at Juco and thought he'd be a great scorer for us, but he's taken his whole game to the next level. Seems like he's really gotten shot blocking down too.
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

greenyellow wrote:Heckuva last 8 minutes for Oregon in this game. Altman is masterful in getting his teams righted quickly in-game and turning what would be sure losses for most teams into wins for the Ducks.
The pressure was genius. How many times have we seen DA time it so perfectly?

Also credit the team for shooting 60%. UCLA with about 10 minutes to go was shooting 65% themselves. Really good back and forth game. Both teams have a lot of talent.

Great win!

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
bigsugarduck
Five Star Recruit

Post by bigsugarduck »

UOducksTK1 wrote:
greenyellow wrote:Heckuva last 8 minutes for Oregon in this game. Altman is masterful in getting his teams righted quickly in-game and turning what would be sure losses for most teams into wins for the Ducks.

Also credit the team for shooting 60%. UCLA with about 10 minutes to go was shooting 65% themselves. Really good back and forth game. Both teams have a lot of talent.

Great win!
Part of me wishes the concerted press got used more often (it is usually so effective, especially with these G's), but there is clearly a great argument for saving it until the most critical closing stretch of games.

I thought it was interesting that Altman basically held off from utilizing the press until Oregon started to lose touch midway in the 2nd half. My overall impression is that Altman has basically kept the same pattern his entire Oregon Career: Save the press until the final 8-9 minutes in the 2nd half unless Oregon is losing touch, then use it in busts unless it is resulting in easy open shots.

Whatever is in the sauce, Altman keep cranking out a tasty product by the end of the season. He just gets it done.
Stewart Mandel-"From a purely aesthetic standpoint, I much prefer to watch a good spread-rushing offense over a traditional Power-I offense, and Oregon's has been the most fun by far for the past several years. It's fast, its precise, and when Chip Kelly has the right quarterback (Dixon, Masoli) at the helm, the possibility of someone ripping off a 60-yard run exists on nearly every play."
droop10
Five Star Recruit

Post by droop10 »

bigsugarduck wrote:
UOducksTK1 wrote:

Great win!
Part of me wishes the concerted press got used more often (it is usually so effective, especially with these G's), but there is clearly a great argument for saving it until the most critical closing stretch of games.

I thought it was interesting that Altman basically held off from utilizing the press until Oregon started to lose touch midway in the 2nd half. My overall impression is that Altman has basically kept the same pattern his entire Oregon Career: Save the press until the final 8-9 minutes in the 2nd half unless Oregon is losing touch, then use it in busts unless it is resulting in easy open shots.

Whatever is in the sauce, Altman keep cranking out a tasty product by the end of the season. He just gets it done.
Wonder how much fatigue plays into that. They aren’t going deep in their rotation and have played a slew of games in a short amount of time. If they went full press the whole time, I think they would be gassed.
duckduckgoose
Five Star Recruit

Post by duckduckgoose »

droop10 wrote:
bigsugarduck wrote:
UOducksTK1 wrote:

Great win!

Wonder how much fatigue plays into that. They aren’t going deep in their rotation and have played a slew of games in a short amount of time. If they went full press the whole time, I think they would be gassed.
I am surprised that Altman shortened the bench so much the last couple weeks. Especially Terry and Kepnang not getting much run of late. Terry had the huge game a while back and hasn’t been in many games since then. Even just using a few more players to run their press and use some fouls would help down the stretch run it would seem to me.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk