WBB Oregon 70, Utah 66

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

nogerO
Senior

WBB Oregon 70, Utah 66

Post by nogerO »

Any one know why Sedona only played 8 minutes?
"To give anything less than your best, is to sacrifice the gift." - Steve Prefontaine
bigsugarduck
Five Star Recruit

Re: WBB Oregon 70, Utah 66

Post by bigsugarduck »

nogerO wrote:Any one know why Sedona only played 8 minutes?
She was not injured or anything from what I saw. Just seemed like Utah was out scrapping Oregon and guards were needed to go toe to toe. Besides a nice block, Sedona was not effective at all. Nyara moves her feet so well for a Big, unlike Prince, so she continued to be utilized and had a nice game.
Stewart Mandel-"From a purely aesthetic standpoint, I much prefer to watch a good spread-rushing offense over a traditional Power-I offense, and Oregon's has been the most fun by far for the past several years. It's fast, its precise, and when Chip Kelly has the right quarterback (Dixon, Masoli) at the helm, the possibility of someone ripping off a 60-yard run exists on nearly every play."
gogreen55
Senior

Post by gogreen55 »

There has got to be some way for the coaches to more consistently get production from Prince. She shoulders some of the responsibility, but the fact she is such a non-factor so often isn't entirely her fault. The coaches need to find more ways to utilize her that maximizes her strengths, while minimizing her weaknesses. If all they are able to get out of a player of her talents is Giomi type production, they have failed.
panamaslim
Two Star Recruit

Post by panamaslim »

gogreen55 wrote:There has got to be some way for the coaches to more consistently get production from Prince. She shoulders some of the responsibility, but the fact she is such a non-factor so often isn't entirely her fault. The coaches need to find more ways to utilize her that maximizes her strengths, while minimizing her weaknesses. If all they are able to get out of a player of her talents is Giomi type production, they have failed.
Sometimes I wonder if not just Prince, but most others have not been developed by staff. Are the 4 and 5-stars really not rated right, or they are and just not coached up when they get here. I see so many basic fundamental errors.

As for Prince, maybe the NILitis has caused her to lose focus on the court. A personal manager might help.
TheDrake
Two Star Recruit

Post by TheDrake »

3 fouls in 8 minutes doesn't help
bigsugarduck
Five Star Recruit

Post by bigsugarduck »

To me, it is all on Sedona. She lacks effort at times. For a player of her size to regularly come away with 1-2 rebounds is flat unacceptable, and completely on her.
Stewart Mandel-"From a purely aesthetic standpoint, I much prefer to watch a good spread-rushing offense over a traditional Power-I offense, and Oregon's has been the most fun by far for the past several years. It's fast, its precise, and when Chip Kelly has the right quarterback (Dixon, Masoli) at the helm, the possibility of someone ripping off a 60-yard run exists on nearly every play."