MBB: Oregon v Villanova (Nov. 27, Sun 12 PM ESPN2)

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

greenyellow

MBB: Oregon v Villanova (Nov. 27, Sun 12 PM ESPN2)

Post by greenyellow »

PK INVITATIONAL
VILLANOVA
NOV. 27 (SUN) 12 PM
PORTLAND, OR
TV: ESPN2
greenyellow

Re: MBB: Oregon v Villanova (Nov. 27, Sun 12 PM ESPN2)

Post by greenyellow »

Just look at the injury report for Oregon. They could be down to 5-6 scholarship players for today's game.
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

Nice 15-6 start 7 minutes in for the Ducks!
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

Ducks decided to hit some threes today and they're up 4 at half. Can't believe what this team is doing while being so banged up.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

Oregon has somehow kept the lead most of the game but it doesn't feel like a solid one.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

The Ducks have finally gotten a win after huge performances from Richardson, Guerrier, and Ware. Also can't forget getting decent minutes from Wur, Soares, and Reichle.
droop10
Five Star Recruit

Post by droop10 »

greenyellow wrote:The Ducks have finally gotten a win after huge performances from Richardson, Guerrier, and Ware. Also can't forget getting decent minutes from Wur, Soares, and Reichle.
Reichle was killing me with the wide open bricks, but I get it. Villanova didn’t respect him and would basically guard the other 4 guys with 5 guys, so if he had hit a couple it would have been huge. Winning a game in which Reichle shoots 7 threes and plays a ton of minutes is possibly Altman’s greatest feat.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

droop10 wrote:
greenyellow wrote:The Ducks have finally gotten a win after huge performances from Richardson, Guerrier, and Ware. Also can't forget getting decent minutes from Wur, Soares, and Reichle.
Reichle was killing me with the wide open bricks, but I get it. Villanova didn’t respect him and would basically guard the other 4 guys with 5 guys, so if he had hit a couple it would have been huge. Winning a game in which Reichle shoots 7 threes and plays a ton of minutes is possibly Altman’s greatest feat.
Reichle's biggest contributions were on the defensive end and rebounding.
dthomas=ddixon

Post by dthomas=ddixon »

Is this team playing better without half their scholarship players? Sometimes less is more and I just wonder if this team would be better off running offense through Will, Ware, and Dante, and having everyone else (once they’re healthy) embrace being role players or riding the bench.

The makeup of our teams the last few years hasn’t been great and this years seems the same. Just a grab bag of transfers that don’t fit well together.
droop10
Five Star Recruit

Post by droop10 »

dthomas=ddixon wrote:Is this team playing better without half their scholarship players? Sometimes less is more and I just wonder if this team would be better off running offense through Will, Ware, and Dante, and having everyone else (once they’re healthy) embrace being role players or riding the bench.

The makeup of our teams the last few years hasn’t been great and this years seems the same. Just a grab bag of transfers that don’t fit well together.
Haha, absolutely not. Let’s not get ahead of ourselves with a win over another banged up Nova team that’s now 2-5. I mean, they should absolutely funnel through those guys regardless, because they are the best players on the team, but they’ll be a lot better off with 3 more healthy guards. Richardson looking more confident and Ware making his case to be a stretch 4 alongside Dante will pay huge dividends down the line though.
dthomas=ddixon

Post by dthomas=ddixon »

droop10 wrote:
dthomas=ddixon wrote:Is this team playing better without half their scholarship players? Sometimes less is more and I just wonder if this team would be better off running offense through Will, Ware, and Dante, and having everyone else (once they’re healthy) embrace being role players or riding the bench.

Haha, absolutely not. Let’s not get ahead of ourselves with a win over another banged up Nova team that’s now 2-5. I mean, they should absolutely funnel through those guys regardless, because they are the best players on the team, but they’ll be a lot better off with 3 more healthy guards. Richardson looking more confident and Ware making his case to be a stretch 4 alongside Dante will pay huge dividends down the line though.
Agreed, I was kidding with that first line haha. I do think we saw some really positive things come out of this injury situation though. Hopefully they carry through guys returning.
dd10snoop28
Senior
GM: New Jersey Nets GM

Post by dd10snoop28 »

Luk Wur finally got playing time and we won... coincidence? I think not!
droop10
Five Star Recruit

Post by droop10 »

dd10snoop28 wrote:Luk Wur finally got playing time and we won... coincidence? I think not!
He was hitting some shots and providing energy. It was nice to see. Was cracking me up during Michigan St. game when Walton would repeatedly say “oh, just missed” as Wur was missing wildly on his shots. Hopefully this was a confidence builder for him. I know he was pretty raw coming out of high school, but didn’t expect it to take him this long to contribute, and honestly without the injuries he probably would still see no PT.
dd10snoop28
Senior
GM: New Jersey Nets GM

Post by dd10snoop28 »

Ware has top NBA talent. But our team is a mess.
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

Villanova is light years away from the quality of Michigan State, Villanova, and UConn. So no.

Also Guerrier had his first good game of the year. And Will looked like his old self for once. So when both those things happen in one game, it's tempting to make assumptions based on that data point.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13