WBB: OSU @ #17 Oregon (Dec. 11, Sun 4 PM Pac-12 Network)

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

greenyellow

WBB: OSU @ #17 Oregon (Dec. 11, Sun 4 PM Pac-12 Network)

Post by greenyellow »

OREGON STATE
DEC. 11 (SUN) 4 PM
EUGENE, OR
TV: PAC-12 NETWORK
GrandpaDuck
Senior

Re: WBB: OSU @ #17 Oregon (Dec. 11, Sun 4 PM Pac-12 Network)

Post by GrandpaDuck »

Quick Scouting on 6-2 OSU
At the end of last year OSU lost 4 starters to the transfer pool, 3 were 5 stars. They brought in 2 McDonalds all Americans, including Top 10 Reagan Beers who is already a legit PAC-12 Big.

The team is led by Talia von Oelhoffen a Top Ten recruit who has been a force since leaving high school early and joining the Beavers mid season 3 years ago. She is scoring 16.6 per game and 5.5 rebounds

The 6'4" Beers and 6'9" Mitrovic are taller and way bulkier than Grace and Philli and average >18 rebounds per game between them. Beers despite her size is very mobile and runs the court. OSU has even less size then Oregon behind their big starters though.

Oregon has been the better 3 point shooting team so far this season and if they can rebound they should be able to run on them. Beers will be the best big they have faced this year. Talia is always tough.
shoparound
Four Star Recruit

Post by shoparound »

Came out with the W!
Tough win as we were behind for a bit there!
The freshman are stone cold tough. VanSlooten's battle with the osu big was something to watch and she did not back down.

No screaming in the faces of our players for Talia in this game, thankfully.
TheDrake
Two Star Recruit

Post by TheDrake »

Rogers on fire. 34pts 9 boards 6 assists
shoparound
Four Star Recruit

Post by shoparound »

TheDrake wrote:Rogers on fire. 34pts 9 boards 6 assists
I hope she's ok, she went down on the last possession, and I guess no noticed it because the teammates were jumping on her in the post victory celebration
gogreen55
Senior

Post by gogreen55 »

shoparound wrote:
I hope she's ok, she went down on the last possession, and I guess no noticed it because the teammates were jumping on her in the post victory celebration
Looked like she just got her bell rung a little, rather than any sort of actual injury.
nogerO
Senior

Post by nogerO »

gogreen55 wrote:
shoparound wrote:
Looked like she just got her bell rung a little, rather than any sort of actual injury.
The linebacker beers set a semi illegal moving screen on her. Like a VW hitting a semi. Was wondering when Kelly would go to a smaller, faster more athletic team to run circles around those wide bodies.

Edit: rewatched the “screen”. Beers moved into Rogers and made contact with her arms and elbows. Illegal moving screen. Right in front of a “pac-12” high school ref.
"To give anything less than your best, is to sacrifice the gift." - Steve Prefontaine