WBB: Colorado @ Oregon (Feb. 3, Fri 7 PM Pac-12 Oregon)

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

greenyellow

WBB: Colorado @ Oregon (Feb. 3, Fri 7 PM Pac-12 Oregon)

Post by greenyellow »

COLORADO
FEB. 3 (FRI) 7 PM
EUGENE, OR
TV: PAC-12 OREGON
shoparound
Four Star Recruit

Re: WBB: Colorado @ Oregon (Feb. 3, Fri 7 PM Pac-12 Oregon)

Post by shoparound »

NCAA 1 or 2 rounds is the most realistic outcome for the group.
Still coming off the bitter fallout of the team dynamics from the past two years. Looking at the posts and comments players who left, they were definitely not happy

It keeps going with more salty commentary from others like Watson.
Bigwaved
Four Star Recruit

Post by Bigwaved »

Neither Duck team can do the most important thing in this sport…shoot. The past few years in basketball have been very ugly indeed.
nogerO
Senior

Post by nogerO »

What the hell is going on with this team. Who or what is responsible for the toxic culture that has seen so many talented highly recruited players leave the team? Somebody knows something about this surely? This team is not fun to watch.
"To give anything less than your best, is to sacrifice the gift." - Steve Prefontaine
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

nogerO wrote:What the hell is going on with this team. Who or what is responsible for the toxic culture that has seen so many talented highly recruited players leave the team? Somebody knows something about this surely? This team is not fun to watch.
I believe that Graves is a bit of a hard-assed HC who has high expectations and that's part of the reason why he's seen so many leave his programs for the WNBA.

I think that success is what led to a lot of high-profile recruits all join Oregon at once, at precisely the moment we suffered a giant Gut-Punch in having the Tournament cancelled and the collective bout of depression from all of it.

Then you add in the Covid restrictions and there were a lot of players and coaches who all had strong opinions about the things forced on them by the Feds/State/County/P12/School that all combined with their own personal backgrounds/beliefs. It all clashed and right at the time the NCAA decided that it was fair to let players have a transfer portal and make it easy to leave. It wasn't just an "oregon problem" with players transferring to more comfortable places. (We lost a recruit because her Mom became the HC of BYU, is that really a WTH? type moment or part of a toxic culture?)

That we came out from all of that to have a solid group of young women who have bought-in to the team, with an especially promising Star in GVS is more important to me.

If I really wanted to examine that tweet and those reply's, I'd say it all shows a clear lack of maturity on their parts barring some real revelation of actual wrong-doing. Otherwise it just comes off as sour-grapes and $hit-posting for social media clout.
duck58
Four Star Recruit

Post by duck58 »

Duck07 wrote: nogerO wrote:
Both teams underperform. Turnovers, missed shots, and mostly out hustled. At the start KG said they wouldn't be the same in Feb. They have regressed. The last couple years we haven't been that good regardless of talent. I can see why someone might want to move; like Brook Yanez in SB. UCLA is a yearly top 5 team. We will be mediocre at best. I wouldn't be surprised if some of this years talent move.