WBB news

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

panamaslim
Two Star Recruit

WBB news

Post by panamaslim »

Mark Campbell, former associate head coach for Graves and mostly responsible for Oregon’s huge success during the Sabrina years, has left Sacramento State to become head man at Big 12 TCU. He takes over a team that was 1-17 in league this season.
Duck07
All-American

Re: WBB news

Post by Duck07 »

panamaslim wrote:Mark Campbell, former associate head coach for Graves and mostly responsible for Oregon’s huge success during the Sabrina years, has left Sacramento State to become head man at Big 12 TCU. He takes over a team that was 1-17 in league this season.
The level of disdain that some have for our basketball coaches is shocking to me.
GrandpaDuck
Senior

Post by GrandpaDuck »

Duck07 wrote:
panamaslim wrote:Mark Campbell, former associate head coach for Graves and mostly responsible for Oregon’s huge success during the Sabrina years, has left Sacramento State to become head man at Big 12 TCU. He takes over a team that was 1-17 in league this season.
The level of disdain that some have for our basketball coaches is shocking to me.
Campbell was credited as being behind the recruiting success of Ruick at OSU and then Kelly at Oregon, but OSU and Oregon have had multiple top 10 recruiting classes after Campbell left. While he is a dogged recruiter, he proved replaceable at both programs.
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

GrandpaDuck wrote:
Campbell was credited as being behind the recruiting success of Ruick at OSU and then Kelly at Oregon, but OSU and Oregon have had multiple top 10 recruiting classes after Campbell left. While he is a dogged recruiter, he proved replaceable at both programs.
I'm happy for Campbell and the coaches he's bringing with him but the need to throw pot-shots at others is what irks me.
GrandpaDuck
Senior

Post by GrandpaDuck »

Duck07 wrote:
GrandpaDuck wrote:
I'm happy for Campbell and the coaches he's bringing with him but the need to throw pot-shots at others is what irks me.
Agreed and I too really like Mark and his Duckie staff.
shoparound
Four Star Recruit

Post by shoparound »

TCU seems to be a school more than willing to do anything to have great athletic programs. He will turn it around quickly.