Ex-Ducks NBA Status

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

StevensTechU
All Pac-12

Re: Ex-Ducks NBA Status

Post by StevensTechU »

Oregon alums are getting awfully close to being able to field a competitive starting 5 in the NBA

1- Payton Pritchard
2- Troy Brown
3- Dillon Brooks
4- Chris Boucher
5- Bol Bol
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

73duck
Three Star Recruit

Post by 73duck »

He's getting 20+ minutes a night because of an injury to the starting PG and reserve Jeff Teague's poor play. Watched some of the game against Brooklyn; he can get overmatched on defense by bigger players and the other players on his team don't look for him on offense. But his hustle really stands out.
GoDucksTroll
Sophomore

Post by GoDucksTroll »

Article from the Boston Globe about PP: https://www.bostonglobe.com/2020/12/28/ ... ood-signs/

Between Pritchard, Boucher, Brooks, Bol Bol and Troy Brown this is a pretty damn good group of pro Ducks. Hopefully Jordan Bell gets his act together and sticks with a team - his career got off to such a promising start.
Tray Dub
All Pac-12

Post by Tray Dub »

thomas time
Senior

Post by thomas time »

Payton 10 5 and 5, Boucher had a big game the other night, but only played four minutes tonight. Dillon had 24 last night and 19 the game before, he could score even more with Ja out around a month.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

thomas time
Senior

Post by thomas time »

I just picked him up in fantasy yesterday, Bocher had 9 and 6 and blocked Payton
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

bigsugarduck
Five Star Recruit

Post by bigsugarduck »

Yeah Payton, with the win! He's been a spark...
Stewart Mandel-"From a purely aesthetic standpoint, I much prefer to watch a good spread-rushing offense over a traditional Power-I offense, and Oregon's has been the most fun by far for the past several years. It's fast, its precise, and when Chip Kelly has the right quarterback (Dixon, Masoli) at the helm, the possibility of someone ripping off a 60-yard run exists on nearly every play."
bigsugarduck
Five Star Recruit

Post by bigsugarduck »

I keep waiting for a former Oregon player to be a legitimate STAR in the NBA.... a lot of guys are early in their Careers, and could get there, but the way Payton has started makes me think he might have the best shot...
Stewart Mandel-"From a purely aesthetic standpoint, I much prefer to watch a good spread-rushing offense over a traditional Power-I offense, and Oregon's has been the most fun by far for the past several years. It's fast, its precise, and when Chip Kelly has the right quarterback (Dixon, Masoli) at the helm, the possibility of someone ripping off a 60-yard run exists on nearly every play."
Everythingsducky
Senior

Post by Everythingsducky »

bigsugarduck wrote:Yeah Payton, with the win! He's been a spark...
PP is seriously endearing himself to Celtic fans. Tonight will further the love-fest. Dude is just a winner, plain and simple.
maineduckfan
One Star Recruit

Post by maineduckfan »

I've been a Celtics fan my entire life and I have never seen the entire fan base fall in love with a kid as quickly as they are falling in love with PP. I've been saying a lot of "I told you so's" over the past couple weeks. Not many people on the east coast get to see a lot of Oregon bball so they are finally getting to see what a winner this dude is. My only fear was that he wasn't going to get playing time, but it has worked out great with Kemba injured to start the season. Now they are at their best when he is on the floor.
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

If anyone deserves it, it's Pritchard. He works so hard and doesn't complain or expect handouts. I like the comparison to Patrick Beverly. Completely different players, but similar attitudes towards the game of basketball.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13