MBB: #8 Oregon @ Washington State (Thu 6 PM FS1)

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

rockthief
Senior

Re: MBB: #8 Oregon @ Washington State (Thu 6 PM FS1)

Post by rockthief »

16 seecond half points?
Tray Dub
All Pac-12

Post by Tray Dub »

rockthief wrote:16 seecond half points?
Brutal ball movement. This team does not know how to create a shot for each other. And Mathis has yet again disappeared.
OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

I know Oregon is playing like crap but these refs are HORRIBLE and doing everything to give this to WSU. This is the worst officiated game I’ve seen in years.
OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

Tray Dub wrote:
Brutal ball movement. This team does not know how to create a shot for each other. And Mathis has yet again disappeared.
I think the bigger issue is floor spacing and off ball movement. On both sides of the court players watch the ball WAY too much. Duarte has been a huge disappointment tonight. Way too often he looks like a very low IQ player.
rockthief
Senior

Post by rockthief »

free throw woes continue
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

Just a bad performance tonight all around. Too many turnovers, poor shooting (especially in the 2nd half), and no production outside of Duarte and Pritchard. It may be time for Altman to put Richardson into the starting lineup instead of Mathis and Dante in place of Okoro. Kinda have to credit WSU for shooting so well behind the arc.
Tray Dub
All Pac-12

Post by Tray Dub »

OregonFan4Life wrote:
Tray Dub wrote:
I think the bigger issue is floor spacing and off ball movement. On both sides of the court players watch the ball WAY too much. Duarte has been a huge disappointment tonight. Way too often he looks like a very low IQ player.
Yeah that's fair, the ball doesn't move effectively because the off-ball movement is aimless or nonexistent. It's all one issue, which is about the team just not knowing how to create offensive opportunities for each other. The problem is masked by Pritchard and to a lesser extent Richardson and Duarte making plays for themselves, but we can't be a top ten team just based on that.
rockthief
Senior

Post by rockthief »

team is awkward, imbalanced, and lacks fire

hope they get it together because they are going to play teams that make Wazzu mediocre
OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

What an embarrassing and horrible loss. Unless this team drastically improves they won’t go far in the tourney. Pritchard is a ballhog, Matthis is the most inconsistent player ever, Duarte is low IQ, Juiston is sloppy, Richardson is too timid, Walker and Patterson are too green, and Altman’s rotation have been garbage. Not sure how Saturday will go but I won’t be surprised to see Washington win with how this team has been playing along with the injury to Lawson.
ducksrock
Senior

Post by ducksrock »

OregonFan4Life wrote:What an embarrassing and horrible loss. Unless this team drastically improves they won’t go far in the tourney. Pritchard is a ballhog, Matthis is the most inconsistent player ever, Duarte is low IQ, Juiston is sloppy, Richardson is too timid, Walker and Patterson are too green, and Altman’s rotation have been garbage. Not sure how Saturday will go but I won’t be surprised to see Washington win with how this team has been playing along with the injury to Lawson.
Am not gonna argue against any of that... Altman needs to get in these kids faces and get them to play to their potential.. A total pathetic effort.. Folks, THIS IS NOT A #8 quality team...
OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

ducksrock wrote:
OregonFan4Life wrote:What an embarrassing and horrible loss. Unless this team drastically improves they won’t go far in the tourney. Pritchard is a ballhog, Matthis is the most inconsistent player ever, Duarte is low IQ, Juiston is sloppy, Richardson is too timid, Walker and Patterson are too green, and Altman’s rotation have been garbage. Not sure how Saturday will go but I won’t be surprised to see Washington win with how this team has been playing along with the injury to Lawson.
Am not gonna argue against any of that... Altman needs to get in these kids faces and get them to play to their potential.. A total pathetic effort.. Folks, THIS IS NOT A #8 quality team...
Altman also needs to stop forcing round pegs in square holes. For years he tries to force players into positions they aren’t comfortable with. Duarte isn’t a stretch 4 and Okoro isn’t a 5. He needs to start Dante cause we need his big body along with Juiston, Okoro, or Walker. Losing Lawson was unfortunate cause he was the only true 5 besides Dante.
ducksrock
Senior

Post by ducksrock »

OregonFan4Life wrote:
ducksrock wrote:
Altman also needs to stop forcing round pegs in square holes. For years he tries to force players into positions they aren’t comfortable with. Duarte isn’t a stretch 4 and Okoro isn’t a 5. He needs to start Dante cause we need his big body along with Juiston, Okoro, or Walker. Losing Lawson was unfortunate cause he was the only true 5 besides Dante.
You and I think alike (at least in basketball).. As far as football? Jury is still out... rofl... Either way... GOOO DUCKS..
GrantDuck
Senior

Post by GrantDuck »

Not a good game. Thought Lawson was playing well before he got hurt but the rest of our bigs are just bad, especially on defense.

People gave bol crap about his defense last year, but Dante is considerably worse on defense. He gave up 3 wide open 3's in the first half.

Most disappointing this was the effort. Watching Juiston and Mathis just freakin' STAND there after Duarte forced Ellerbee into a bad shot, while WSU grabbed the rebound was pathetic from 2 seniors. That's why neither of those guys won s*** at New Mexico and UNLV.

I know we're still figuring things out, but there's no excuse for bad effort.

Duarte 5 steals and good defense had a pretty good game outside of his 3 point shot(which comes and goes).
mattc94
Four Star Recruit

Post by mattc94 »

Team isn't comfortable within Altman's system and it shows. They don't know their roles and are as timid as hell. Pritchard has had to carry the team but they don't really create many shots (outside of Duarte.) Juiston and Mathis... yuck. And Okoro looked so bad in the paint that Altman took him out. I don't know how much of this is Altman's fault. He had a lot of roster turnover and guys have been in and out of the lineup all year. But he should still be able to scrap whatever he's doing and make things more basic. The guy is one of the best tacticians in the game. I don't think I've ever seen an Altman team that makes this may mistakes.
Everythingsducky
Senior

Post by Everythingsducky »

Inexcusable. With them missing a lot of players. Mathis and Okoro are empty uniforms. Start Dante and Richardson, if only to see if it works. Your best 5 should always start, unless you have a Sweet Lou that can come in and is money off the bench. Richardson does a lot of things, but not a Sweet Lou. Start the man, get his rhythm going early.