WBB: #3 Oregon @ #7 UCLA (Fri 8 PM Pac-12 Network)

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

rockthief
Senior

Re: WBB: #3 Oregon @ #7 UCLA (Fri 8 PM Pac-12 Network)

Post by rockthief »

Green and Yellow Feathers win 80-66 despite weird fourth quarter scoring. This is a formidable group.
nogerO
Senior

Post by nogerO »

Another terribly officiated game. UCLA hacked and pushed and beat on the Ducks the entire second half. I’m shocked that KG let that go on. Beating a dead horse but this shitty officiating is out of hand.
"To give anything less than your best, is to sacrifice the gift." - Steve Prefontaine
rockthief
Senior

Post by rockthief »

nogerO wrote:Another terribly officiated game. UCLA hacked and pushed and beat on the Ducks the entire second half. I’m shocked that KG let that go on. Beating a dead horse but this shitty officiating is out of hand.
Beaver game was also poorly officiated. I don't believe that larry scott gives a damn.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

UCLA just sucks at threes, shooting only 2-23 tonight. After a while, you'd think they'd stop attempting that many.
gogreen55
Senior

Post by gogreen55 »

That fourth quarter looked a lot like the fourth quarter at ASU. Fortunately the Ducks had more of a cushion in this game, plus UCLA can't shoot straight. In the end, you can't complain too much about a double digit win on the road against a top 10 team (supposedly). Limping to the finish line in some of these games in which they have a double digit lead in the fourth quarter seems to be one of the few issues this team has had though.
nogerO
Senior

Post by nogerO »

gogreen55 wrote:That fourth quarter looked a lot like the fourth quarter at ASU. Fortunately the Ducks had more of a cushion in this game, plus UCLA can't shoot straight. In the end, you can't complain too much about a double digit win on the road against a top 10 team (supposedly). Limping to the finish line in some of these games in which they have a double digit lead in the fourth quarter seems to be one of the few issues this team has had though.
I’d say if the refs are going to let the opposing team get away with the mauling UCLA gave Oregon in the second half, then the blueprint for beating Oregon was on display. UCLA’s coach said at halftime they were going to have to apply more “pressure” on the ducks and grabbing, holding, pushing and hacking must be legal for the home team. I’m all for pressureon defense but I’m also about keeping basketball from turning into Hockey.
"To give anything less than your best, is to sacrifice the gift." - Steve Prefontaine
Merganzer
Senior

Post by Merganzer »

https://dailybruin.com/2020/02/14/women ... of-season/

Oregon guard Sabrina Ionescu air-balled her first shot – a stepback 3 from the left wing.

It was one of the few opportunities for the season-high 5,912 fans in Pauley Pavilion to cheer during a wire-to-wire victory for the Ducks.

No. 7 UCLA women’s basketball (21-3, 10-3 Pac-12) suffered its first home loss of the season to No. 3 Oregon (23-2, 12-1) by a score of 80-66 on Friday evening. Two Ducks – Ionescu and forward Ruthy Hebard – outscored the entire Bruin roster 30-28 in the first half, leaving UCLA with a 20-point deficit when it headed into the locker room.

Coach Cori Close said she made every player who played in the first quarter express what they felt and why they weren’t present for the opening frame after the game.

UCLA then outscored Oregon 38-32 in the second half, pulling within 10 points off the lead with just over two minutes to play – but it wasn’t enough.

“We needed to look in the mirror (at halftime) and figure out who’s fighting and who’s not,” said redshirt senior guard Japreece Dean. “I felt like collectively, as a team, we didn’t fight.”