Okoro

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

justducky0
Senior

Okoro

Post by justducky0 »

Not sure if this was known or not. But sounds like Okoro's dad in Nigera passed away in December. That plus all the injury issues he has had kind of explains his drop in production. tough for the oldest son to deal with all that. I can see why he might be distracted or not quite 100% focused. Anyway, feel for the guy and I hope he takes time to process everything.
greenyellow

Re: Okoro

Post by greenyellow »

Altman and Okoro have both kinda hinted that Okoro's dad passing has been weighing heavily on him and that it has been a major cause for his struggles. Just been a tough season for him overall.
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

Ya he looked good early on and hasn't been the same since. Hope he's able to bounce back, he's going through a lot.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
duck58
Four Star Recruit

Post by duck58 »

Sometimes it is easy to forget these young men have lives outside basketball.
bigsugarduck
Five Star Recruit

Post by bigsugarduck »

duck58 wrote:Sometimes it is easy to forget these young men have lives outside basketball.
Echos of Paul White last year...He went through a lot early, his play dipped but he came back to finish the season playing much better...Hopefully Okoro can do the same.
Stewart Mandel-"From a purely aesthetic standpoint, I much prefer to watch a good spread-rushing offense over a traditional Power-I offense, and Oregon's has been the most fun by far for the past several years. It's fast, its precise, and when Chip Kelly has the right quarterback (Dixon, Masoli) at the helm, the possibility of someone ripping off a 60-yard run exists on nearly every play."