MBB QF: Oregon State @ #13 Oregon (Thu 12 PM Pac-12 Network)

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Re: MBB QF: Oregon State @ #13 Oregon (Thu 12 PM Pac-12 Netw

Post by UOducksTK1 »

If you want to talk about corona virus, there is already a thread for that: viewtopic.php?f=20&t=34470&start=30

Please stick to game chat here. Thanks!

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

So it looks as if Oregon are officially Pac-12 Champs this year as the Pac-12 Tournament is cancelled.
duck023
Four Star Recruit

Post by duck023 »

UOducksTK1 wrote:If you want to talk about corona virus, there is already a thread for that: viewtopic.php?f=20&t=34470&start=30

Please stick to game chat here. Thanks!
Talk about not worth our time. This game isn't going to be played anymore.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

So it looks like Oregon is getting the conference tourney title/trophy and the autobid, which won't mean much if there's no Tournament.
duck023
Four Star Recruit

Post by duck023 »

greenyellow wrote:So it looks like Oregon is getting the conference tourney title/trophy and the autobid, which won't mean much if there's no Tournament.
I'm not sure what that means but it sounds like good news!!! Finally some good news!!! I've been so depressed lately. Hopefully South Carolina will understand they are a young team and will have many chances, also Baylor won last year, So I believe the Lady Ducks should win the National Championship by default.
droop10
Five Star Recruit

Post by droop10 »

duck023 wrote:
greenyellow wrote:So it looks like Oregon is getting the conference tourney title/trophy and the autobid, which won't mean much if there's no Tournament.
I'm not sure what that means but it sounds like good news!!! Finally some good news!!! I've been so depressed lately. Hopefully South Carolina will understand they are a young team and will have many chances, also Baylor won last year, So I believe the Lady Ducks should win the National Championship by default.
This is about the Men's basketball team, not women's. The women already won their conference tourney title last week, so they have yet to be impacted, depending on what happens with the NCAA tournament.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

So it appears Crepea's sources weren't correct as Oregon is only getting the autobid but not the tourney trophy since it wasn't actually played and completed.
droop10
Five Star Recruit

Post by droop10 »

greenyellow wrote:So it appears Crepea's sources weren't correct as Oregon is only getting the autobid but not the tourney trophy since it wasn't actually played and completed.
I didn't even notice he mentioned conference tourney trophy. That would be silly and undeserved anyway. They should just get the conference championship trophy as regular season champs and call it a wrap.
duck023
Four Star Recruit

Post by duck023 »

droop10 wrote:
duck023 wrote:
This is about the Men's basketball team, not women's. The women already won their conference tourney title last week, so they have yet to be impacted, depending on what happens with the NCAA tournament.
I know but I feel like if they can assume the Oregon guys will beat Oregon St. after a split and give the Guy Ducks the tournament Pac 12 championship. Then I believe the Woman Ducks deserve to win the National Championship if the tournament is canceled.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

greenyellow wrote:
Heck ya! I'll take it. I had a feeling that we were gonna lose in first or second round of ncaa tournament anyway. No need to worry now! :lol:

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

greenyellow wrote:
That's an awkward team photo, must've been taken after the tournament was cancelled.
duck023
Four Star Recruit

Post by duck023 »

UOducksTK1 wrote:
greenyellow wrote:
Heck ya! I'll take it. I had a feeling that we were gonna lose in first or second round of ncaa tournament anyway. No need to worry now! :lol:
See this is the angle that you need to cheer me up. If someone said, "well the woman would have lost to UConn in the elite 8 anyways" then I'd almost take the virus canceling the season.
mattc94
Four Star Recruit

Post by mattc94 »

duck023 wrote:
UOducksTK1 wrote:
greenyellow wrote:
See this is the angle that you need to cheer me up. If someone said, "well the woman would have lost to UConn in the elite 8 anyways" then I'd almost take the virus canceling the season.
Feel sorry for the players of both teams. Sabrina and Payton esp. They both deserved to go out to cheers. Not silence.
duck023
Four Star Recruit

Post by duck023 »

mattc94 wrote:
duck023 wrote:
UOducksTK1 wrote:
greenyellow wrote:
Feel sorry for the players of both teams. Sabrina and Payton esp. They both deserved to go out to cheers. Not silence.
I feel awful for Sabrina. That is why this hurts more than a loss because I don't know who to blame. Also UConn was going through a rebuilding year while this was Oregon's best shot. I don't see Oregon ever finding a player like Sabrina again while UConn is getting the best recruit in the country next year.