Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

duck023
Four Star Recruit

Re: No fans at NCAA Tournament

Post by duck023 »

StevensTechU wrote:
duck023 wrote:
droop10 wrote:
duck023 wrote:This sucks!!!! I feel Oregon is cursed. This is the best chance they have to win a championship and this BS happens. If this hurts the Woman's Duck's basketball team I'll remember this when I'm voting in November.
Maybe you’re just being facetious, but I’m curious how the NCAA canceling the tournament would somehow impact your vote. I’m not trying to get political, in the sense that I’m not singling out any candidate. I’m just curious why this would affect a vote in either direction. Also, it would be a terrible reason to vote for/against someone period. Haha
I agree I don't like to get political but I guess if all my sports are being cancelled politics is all that is left to talk about. I know which political party is trying to cancel everything to cause hysteria and if the Ducks best chance at a title gets canceled then I know who I'm voting for.
Lol. That's a very interesting way to choose your elected officials. I hate to break it to you, but the other party would be doing the exact same thing if they weren't in power. Remember Ebola?
Yeah and since Ebola is actually deadly I was worried about that one but no games were canceled. Also no games were canceled for the Swine Flu that took place in the Obama years.
Oregon Ownage
All-American
GM: Dallas Mavericks

Post by Oregon Ownage »

duck023 wrote:
StevensTechU wrote:
duck023 wrote:
droop10 wrote:
duck023 wrote:This sucks!!!! I feel Oregon is cursed. This is the best chance they have to win a championship and this BS happens. If this hurts the Woman's Duck's basketball team I'll remember this when I'm voting in November.
Maybe you’re just being facetious, but I’m curious how the NCAA canceling the tournament would somehow impact your vote. I’m not trying to get political, in the sense that I’m not singling out any candidate. I’m just curious why this would affect a vote in either direction. Also, it would be a terrible reason to vote for/against someone period. Haha
I agree I don't like to get political but I guess if all my sports are being cancelled politics is all that is left to talk about. I know which political party is trying to cancel everything to cause hysteria and if the Ducks best chance at a title gets canceled then I know who I'm voting for.
Lol. That's a very interesting way to choose your elected officials. I hate to break it to you, but the other party would be doing the exact same thing if they weren't in power. Remember Ebola?
Yeah and since Ebola is actually deadly I was worried about that one but no games were canceled. Also no games were canceled for the Swine Flu that took place in the Obama years.
Thats why other countries are also shutting down leagues b/c you know its a political issue :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Geez christ you are unhinged if you really think this
duck023
Four Star Recruit

Post by duck023 »

Oregon Ownage wrote:
duck023 wrote:
StevensTechU wrote:
duck023 wrote:
droop10 wrote:
Thats why other countries are also shutting down leagues b/c you know its a political issue :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Geez christ you are unhinged if you really think this
It feels a little dramatic to me and many countries would prefer us to chose one side over the other. I don't remember the same type of hysteria for the Swine Flu. Either way the only one being punished for this flu is Oregon. Every other team will be fine in the future while Oregon will be going into rebuilding mode after this season. Hopefully they will cancel 2 seasons so that Oregon's new freshmen coming in will be sophomores but Oregon never seems to have that sort of luck.
duck023
Four Star Recruit

Post by duck023 »

Although I'm depressed about the situation and that it could possibly hurt one of Oregon's all time great teams. I do want them to stay healthy and for you guys to stay healthy. I hope if they cancel the tournament it will be an effective solution and they will be able to start the tournament in April or sometime. That would still hurt Oregon's momentum but it is worth being behind the 8 ball to keep our players and fans safe. Its just if they cancel the whole thing it would add to the fact that Oregon might be jinxed or something.
StevensTechU
All Pac-12

Post by StevensTechU »

duck023 wrote:
StevensTechU wrote:
duck023 wrote:
droop10 wrote:
That's because that administration prevented it from spreading on American shores.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

Ebola also presents fairly rapidly, which means that people got caught and treated fairly early before they started traveling. Plus, it took place in Africa, which doesn't do as much trading with the rest of the world as China, the rest of Asia, and Europe does with the US.
StevensTechU
All Pac-12

Post by StevensTechU »

greenyellow wrote:Ebola also presents fairly rapidly, which means that people got caught and treated fairly early before they started traveling. Plus, it took place in Africa, which doesn't do as much trading with the rest of the world as China, the rest of Asia, and Europe does with the US.
The US sent American doctors and scientists to treat it in place, much like we do with terrorism and refugee crises -- handle the problem in place before it gets to the U.S.

No such effort was made here, likely because the Pandemic Response Team was defunded two years ago.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

StevensTechU wrote:
greenyellow wrote:Ebola also presents fairly rapidly, which means that people got caught and treated fairly early before they started traveling. Plus, it took place in Africa, which doesn't do as much trading with the rest of the world as China, the rest of Asia, and Europe does with the US.
The US sent American doctors and scientists to treat it in place, much like we do with terrorism and refugee crises -- handle the problem in place before it gets to the U.S.

No such effort was made here, likely because the Pandemic Response Team was defunded two years ago.
The US sent some research teams to China to collect data but were rebuffed by the Chinese government.
alxtw
Five Star Recruit

Post by alxtw »

greenyellow wrote:
StevensTechU wrote:

The US sent some research teams to China to collect data but were rebuffed by the Chinese government.
There's alot of mistrust and hostility between the two countries. I'm sure the US team would have helped out. But if the table were turned, the US wouldn't welcome a Chinese team of scientists if there was a pandemic in the US.

Countries in need of help should not think of politics and accept all the help and expert advice to help speed up containment and recovery or else, at the end of the day, its the everyday people that suffer.