No fans at NCAA Tournament

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

Tray Dub
All Pac-12

No fans at NCAA Tournament

Post by Tray Dub »

Just announced by the NCAA, no fans at either the men's or women's tournaments. Imo the right call, going to be very weird to watch though.
Merganzer
Senior

Re: No fans at NCAA Tournament

Post by Merganzer »

Tray Dub wrote:Just announced by the NCAA, no fans at either the men's or women's tournaments. Imo the right call, going to be very weird to watch though.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

The tournament experience for everyone is really going to suck now.
justducky0
Senior

Post by justducky0 »

Thanks alot CORONA ....nah it makes sense just sucks.
On the other hand - Altmans teams play great @ home or neutral site aka without crowd noise. SO +1 Oregon
OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

Won't the women most likely play in Eugene and Portland again? Sucks for them.

Count me as one who thinks this is a fear based overreaction. A more appropriate action would be to require everyone to wear gloves and masks that are hounded out by authorities around the stadium and they cannot be removed while in the building, except to use the restroom, in which after washing your hands another attendant will give you gloves. I'm sure there's ways to limit the spreading of germs without keeping fans out.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

Just make everyone wear plastic bubble suits if they want to attend and call it a day.
QuackininBama
All Pac-12

Post by QuackininBama »

A ridiculous overreaction. More people die from car crashes every year, total deaths in America from the virus.......26.
In 2019, an estimated 38,800 people lost their lives to car crashes – a 2% decline from 2018 (39,404 deaths) and a 4% decline from 2017 (40,231 deaths). About 4.4 million people were injured seriously enough to require medical attention in crashes last year – also a 2% decrease over 2018 figures.
Phalanx
Senior

Post by Phalanx »

This reminds me of one of those 'Bad Combo' commercials. High Jump / Low Ceiling. Big Dance / Empty Gym. I can't help feeling like this must be an early April Fool's joke.
woundedknees
All-American

Post by woundedknees »

QuackininBama wrote:A ridiculous overreaction. More people die from car crashes every year, total deaths in America from the virus.......26.
In 2019, an estimated 38,800 people lost their lives to car crashes – a 2% decline from 2018 (39,404 deaths) and a 4% decline from 2017 (40,231 deaths). About 4.4 million people were injured seriously enough to require medical attention in crashes last year – also a 2% decrease over 2018 figures.
"The flu has already killed 10,000 across US as world frets over coronavirus"

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/02/03/the-flu ... virus.html

"Beam me up, Scotty... There's NO intelligent life here!"

NOT YOU, LARRY! YOU CAN SIT THERE TIL THE COWS COME HOME!
Autzen Stadium... Where great teams go to die...Hard!

Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

The death rate for Covid-19 is about 60 times greater than that of the influenza with a greater reproduction rate. The numbers and timeline should have us rightly concerned.
Merganzer
Senior

Post by Merganzer »

Seeing on ESPN, that beginning Thursday the Big 10 Conference Tournament will not have fans and in the Big 12, each team will be allotted 125 tickets for guests of team & staff.
Alan
Senior

Post by Alan »

With all the news today on closing many different things to fan attendance it makes me wonder what we don’t know about this virus.
Tray Dub
All Pac-12

Post by Tray Dub »

Alan wrote:With all the news today on closing many different things to fan attendance it makes me wonder what we don’t know about this virus.
Alan, what some of us have been trying to tell you in the other thread is that we DO know all about this virus. What we know is really, really concerning. You just have to do some reading and you'll understand why this is happening.
Alan
Senior

Post by Alan »

Tray Dub wrote:
Alan wrote:With all the news today on closing many different things to fan attendance it makes me wonder what we don’t know about this virus.
Alan, what some of us have been trying to tell you in the other thread is that we DO know all about this virus. What we know is really, really concerning. You just have to do some reading and you'll understand why this is happening.

I didn’t realize anyone was “trying” to tell me anything. I simply asked for opinions for the sake of conversation. When I posted the question this morning I felt there was and still is lots of media hype and false rumors being spread by the media. After today and all the closures and fan restrictions I am sure it is a very serious issue. We have never seen these kind of restrictions in effect because of past viruses....... now I wonder what the public does not know. Lots of media hype because it sells, but it does sound very serious because sporting events will lose billions.
Tray Dub
All Pac-12

Post by Tray Dub »

What I'm saying is the public already knows enough for this to make sense. You're jumping to suggestions that information is being kept from the public when there's already enough info out there for anyone inclined to inform themselves.

Pac 12 tournament is going no fans starting tomorrow by the way.