No fans at NCAA Tournament

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

Alan
Senior

Re: No fans at NCAA Tournament

Post by Alan »

Tray Dub wrote:What I'm saying is the public already knows enough for this to make sense. You're jumping to suggestions that information is being kept from the public when there's already enough info out there for anyone inclined to inform themselves.

Pac 12 tournament is going no fans starting tomorrow by the way.

What’s true from media reports? A dog has been found in China carry the virus, 1 in 327,000 in the US has it...... works out to 1000 people if the population figure I googled is correct at 327 million. Convenient figure for a media report...... all I am saying is there is lots of media rumors flying and I don’t believe we are getting the correct story because of shock jocks. I agree this is very serious and action needs to be taken as they have.
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

Alan wrote:
Tray Dub wrote:What I'm saying is the public already knows enough for this to make sense. You're jumping to suggestions that information is being kept from the public when there's already enough info out there for anyone inclined to inform themselves.

What’s true from media reports? A dog has been found in China carry the virus, 1 in 327,000 in the US has it...... works out to 1000 people if the population figure I googled is correct at 327 million. Convenient figure for a media report...... all I am saying is there is lots of media rumors flying and I don’t believe we are getting the correct story because of shock jocks. I agree this is very serious and action needs to be taken as they have.
If you think that is somehow a relevant stat to throw it to support doing little to nothing, you need to understand what Exponential Growth is and things like the Doubling Rate. NBA just suspended the season and we will very likely get to miss out on seeing Sabrina and Ruthy compete for an actual NCAA title now.
EncinitasDuck
Five Star Recruit

Post by EncinitasDuck »

woundedknees wrote:
QuackininBama wrote:A ridiculous overreaction. More people die from car crashes every year, total deaths in America from the virus.......26.
In 2019, an estimated 38,800 people lost their lives to car crashes – a 2% decline from 2018 (39,404 deaths) and a 4% decline from 2017 (40,231 deaths). About 4.4 million people were injured seriously enough to require medical attention in crashes last year – also a 2% decrease over 2018 figures.
"The flu has already killed 10,000 across US as world frets over coronavirus"

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/02/03/the-flu ... virus.html

"Beam me up, Scotty... There's NO intelligent life here!"

NOT YOU, LARRY! YOU CAN SIT THERE TIL THE COWS COME HOME!
Your link is a bit dated
EncinitasDuck
Five Star Recruit

Post by EncinitasDuck »

Duck07 wrote:
Alan wrote:

If you think that is somehow a relevant stat to throw it to support doing little to nothing, you need to understand what Exponential Growth is and things like the Doubling Rate. NBA just suspended the season and we will very likely get to miss out on seeing Sabrina and Ruthy compete for an actual NCAA title now.

Ok I put that stat out this morning in response to another post at it was accurate as of this morning. But when we talk about Exponential Growth and Doubling rate we need to preface those terms with "Potential" unless you are aware of scientific data specifically related to this virus.
Alan
Senior

Post by Alan »

Duck07 wrote:
Alan wrote:

Wow did you ever miss the point of what I said
woundedknees
All-American

Post by woundedknees »

EncinitasDuck wrote:
woundedknees wrote:
QuackininBama wrote:A ridiculous overreaction. More people die from car crashes every year, total deaths in America from the virus.......26.
In 2019, an estimated 38,800 people lost their lives to car crashes – a 2% decline from 2018 (39,404 deaths) and a 4% decline from 2017 (40,231 deaths). About 4.4 million people were injured seriously enough to require medical attention in crashes last year – also a 2% decrease over 2018 figures.
"The flu has already killed 10,000 across US as world frets over coronavirus"

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/02/03/the-flu ... virus.html

"Beam me up, Scotty... There's NO intelligent life here!"

NOT YOU, LARRY! YOU CAN SIT THERE TIL THE COWS COME HOME!
Your link is a bit dated
Meh... I posted it to point out that regardless of the truth, one could easily find something to back a potentially fallacious POV.

My comment about Larry Scott was more to my attitude on how he does his job in general.
Autzen Stadium... Where great teams go to die...Hard!

duck023
Four Star Recruit

Post by duck023 »

This sucks!!!! I feel Oregon is cursed. This is the best chance they have to win a championship and this BS happens. If this hurts the Woman's Duck's basketball team I'll remember this when I'm voting in November.
droop10
Five Star Recruit

Post by droop10 »

duck023 wrote:This sucks!!!! I feel Oregon is cursed. This is the best chance they have to win a championship and this BS happens. If this hurts the Woman's Duck's basketball team I'll remember this when I'm voting in November.
Maybe you’re just being facetious, but I’m curious how the NCAA canceling the tournament would somehow impact your vote. I’m not trying to get political, in the sense that I’m not singling out any candidate. I’m just curious why this would affect a vote in either direction. Also, it would be a terrible reason to vote for/against someone period. Haha
duckduckgoose
Five Star Recruit

Post by duckduckgoose »

EncinitasDuck wrote:
Duck07 wrote:
Alan wrote:

Ok I put that stat out this morning in response to another post at it was accurate as of this morning. But when we talk about Exponential Growth and Doubling rate we need to preface those terms with "Potential" unless you are aware of scientific data specifically related to this virus.
The rate of growth mirrors what is happening in Italy, just a week or two behind.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
shoparound
Four Star Recruit

Post by shoparound »

The reports from the most infected countries sound horrific. Maybe people didn't really trust Chinese reporting or Asian reporting and took it lightly or as a joke, but once it hit Italy bad, USA really took notice.
It seems to be a HUGE impact in sports right now, starting with the Indian Wells tournament getting cancel that just started a chain in motion. On top of that, the NBA player who got tested positive for it and the day before took it as a joke by touching all the mics and phones of the media.
It might not be as dangerous, but the rate of infection is scary and will still damage highly critical recourses in the medical field that are also needed for other emergencies.
justducky0
Senior

Post by justducky0 »

Yah I guess I take the well being of others and the risk of infectious disease over being able to watch a game.
There is a lot of actual science to back up what the NCAA / NBA are doing right now in how to curb the spread and deal wit the infected. Not sure why people are so up in arms about people trying to proactivly stop a new disease from spreading. But ok.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

With almost all the conferences cancelling their conference tournaments, it seems the NCAA may follow suit by suspending the Tournament.
duck023
Four Star Recruit

Post by duck023 »

justducky0 wrote:Yah I guess I take the well being of others and the risk of infectious disease over being able to watch a game.
There is a lot of actual science to back up what the NCAA / NBA are doing right now in how to curb the spread and deal wit the infected. Not sure why people are so up in arms about people trying to proactivly stop a new disease from spreading. But ok.
"Watch a game"? How bout watch Oregon win a title for the first time in forever. I didn't see anyone cancelling Alabama's championship when the Swine Flu was spreading. I'll risk a flu to see Oregon win a championship maybe you like the O jokes?
duck023
Four Star Recruit

Post by duck023 »

droop10 wrote:
duck023 wrote:This sucks!!!! I feel Oregon is cursed. This is the best chance they have to win a championship and this BS happens. If this hurts the Woman's Duck's basketball team I'll remember this when I'm voting in November.
Maybe you’re just being facetious, but I’m curious how the NCAA canceling the tournament would somehow impact your vote. I’m not trying to get political, in the sense that I’m not singling out any candidate. I’m just curious why this would affect a vote in either direction. Also, it would be a terrible reason to vote for/against someone period. Haha
I agree I don't like to get political but I guess if all my sports are being cancelled politics is all that is left to talk about. I know which political party is trying to cancel everything to cause hysteria and if the Ducks best chance at a title gets canceled then I know who I'm voting for.
StevensTechU
All Pac-12

Post by StevensTechU »

duck023 wrote:
droop10 wrote:
I agree I don't like to get political but I guess if all my sports are being cancelled politics is all that is left to talk about. I know which political party is trying to cancel everything to cause hysteria and if the Ducks best chance at a title gets canceled then I know who I'm voting for.
Lol. That's a very interesting way to choose your elected officials. I hate to break it to you, but the other party would be doing the exact same thing if they weren't in power. Remember Ebola?