Re: NCAA tournament cancelled

Post by UOducksTK1 »

Bummer.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
duck023
Four Star Recruit

Post by duck023 »

Hopefully this won't be a permanent thing but if it is this was Oregon's best chance at winning a national title and Oregon is cursed. The Oregon curse scares me more than any virus.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

Now comes the question about what to do with the eligibility of student athletes competing in spring sports. Do they lose the year or get an extra year of eligiblity? Then the NCAA will have to answer questions about the amount of scholarships teams are then allowed to carry if players are granted extra eligibility.
duck023
Four Star Recruit

Post by duck023 »

greenyellow wrote:Now comes the question about what to do with the eligibility of student athletes competing in spring sports. Do they lose the year or get an extra year of eligiblity? Then the NCAA will have to answer questions about the amount of scholarships teams are then allowed to carry if players are granted extra eligibility.
Oregon's best chance at a Natty has just been cancelled. The baseball and softball teams didn't have a chance at winning anything. In fact I've always I thought Oregon should bring back the wrestling team and replace the baseball team. It was a fun experiment but now its time to bring back the wrestling.
RebelDuck
Three Star Recruit

Post by RebelDuck »

Hopefully, if the virus can get contained quickly, both tournaments can be played later (which I doubt). I feel bad for all of the players, especially the seniors, who worked so hard for this.
Tray Dub
All Pac-12

Post by Tray Dub »

Smart, but still really sucks. Could've really used the distraction.
RebelDuck
Three Star Recruit

Post by RebelDuck »

greenyellow wrote:Now comes the question about what to do with the eligibility of student athletes competing in spring sports. Do they lose the year or get an extra year of eligiblity? Then the NCAA will have to answer questions about the amount of scholarships teams are then allowed to carry if players are granted extra eligibility.
That would be an interesting discussion but there would be a log jam of seniors with incoming freshman, along with allowing teams to have more the the allotted scholarships available to give out.
duck023
Four Star Recruit

Post by duck023 »

RebelDuck wrote:Hopefully, if the virus can get contained quickly, both tournaments can be played later (which I doubt). I feel bad for all of the players, especially the seniors, who worked so hard for this.
Well I guess its up to us Oregon fans to proclaim them as the National Champions. The tournament didn't get played they were ranked preseason #1 and arguably number 1 now. They are National Champions congrats Sabrina, Hebard, and Sabally on getting that Natty!!!
duck023
Four Star Recruit

Post by duck023 »

Tray Dub wrote:Smart, but still really sucks. Could've really used the distraction.
Now I'm all about politics and destroying the people that destroyed my teams chance at a National title.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

duck023 wrote:
Tray Dub wrote:Smart, but still really sucks. Could've really used the distraction.
Now I'm all about politics and destroying the people that destroyed my teams chance at a National title.
Seriously, stop turning everything into politics here.
Tray Dub
All Pac-12

Post by Tray Dub »

greenyellow wrote:
duck023 wrote:
I really think you guys should consider banning him. He's been nothing since a headache since he started posting, and he's posting a lot.
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

Tray Dub wrote:
greenyellow wrote:
duck023 wrote:
I really think you guys should consider banning him. He's been nothing since a headache since he started posting, and he's posting a lot.
He's Straight Outta Wuhan. His creation date is probably the same time as Patient 0 hit Seattle.
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

greenyellow wrote:
duck023 wrote:
Or at least keep it one thread please. Having it in every thread is getting annoying and will get you banned. I disagree with a lot of decisions, but there's a way in voicing your opinion without being a troll or annoying.

Thanks...

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
duck023
Four Star Recruit

Post by duck023 »

greenyellow wrote:
duck023 wrote:
Sorry its just now I don't know what the heck I'm going to do as a distraction. I guess just play old video games or something. Oregon's best chance at winning a national title was destroyed by the Corona Virus. Nobody else was in our situation? To pretend the Florida baseball team was effected like Oregon's woman's basketball is underselling how cursed Oregon is right now.