Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Re: NCAA tournament cancelled

Post by UOducksTK1 »

duck023 wrote:
greenyellow wrote:
duck023 wrote:
Tray Dub wrote:Smart, but still really sucks. Could've really used the distraction.
Now I'm all about politics and destroying the people that destroyed my teams chance at a National title.
Seriously, stop turning everything into politics here.
Sorry its just now I don't know what the heck I'm going to do as a distraction. I guess just play old video games or something. Oregon's best chance at winning a national title was destroyed by the Corona Virus. Nobody else was in our situation? To pretend the Florida baseball team was effected like Oregon's woman's basketball is underselling how cursed Oregon is right now.
Or go to disneyland/world. Lines will be at an all time low.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
duck023
Four Star Recruit

Post by duck023 »

UOducksTK1 wrote:
greenyellow wrote:
duck023 wrote:
Tray Dub wrote:Smart, but still really sucks. Could've really used the distraction.
Now I'm all about politics and destroying the people that destroyed my teams chance at a National title.
Or at least keep it one thread please. Having it in every thread is getting annoying and will get you banned. I disagree with a lot of decisions, but there's a way in voicing your opinion without being a troll or annoying.

Thanks...
My bad I'll talk about other ways of distracting myself. One of the sports that will continue to go on is the UFC and Chael Sonnen a former Oregon Wrestler has a popular YouTube channel to educate people on the UFC so I'd definitely check that out if you are a fan of former Oregon athletes becoming successful on YouTube. There will be some great UFC fights coming up. Rose Namajunas is an athlete very similar to Sabrina and someone to watch.
chapelhillduck
Senior

Post by chapelhillduck »

I mean, we can raise a banner like UW
RebelDuck
Three Star Recruit

Post by RebelDuck »

UOducksTK1 wrote:
duck023 wrote:
greenyellow wrote:
duck023 wrote:
Sorry its just now I don't know what the heck I'm going to do as a distraction. I guess just play old video games or something. Oregon's best chance at winning a national title was destroyed by the Corona Virus. Nobody else was in our situation? To pretend the Florida baseball team was effected like Oregon's woman's basketball is underselling how cursed Oregon is right now.
Or go to disneyland/world. Lines will be at an all time low.
Now that’s funny!
droop10
Five Star Recruit

Post by droop10 »

I just don't understand the rush to cancel it. It's like they got swept up in the hysteria and couldn't hold off to see how everything played out. Why not simply postpone it indefinitely, with the expectation that if things don't improve by a certain date it will be canceled? I doubt this will all be over in 2 weeks, but imagine if that happened, how ridiculous it would look that they canceled this altogether. That's my main beef with this, although I think the risk would have been minimal to simply have them play with no audience.
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

droop10 wrote:I just don't understand the rush to cancel it. It's like they got swept up in the hysteria and couldn't hold off to see how everything played out. Why not simply postpone it indefinitely, with the expectation that if things don't improve by a certain date it will be canceled? I doubt this will all be over in 2 weeks, but imagine if that happened, how ridiculous it would look that they canceled this altogether. That's my main beef with this, although I think the risk would have been minimal to simply have them play with no audience.
Sure, name a location that has as many infections as we do today where this was over in 2 weeks? Have you not bothered to look at the math of where we could be in a month's time?
droop10
Five Star Recruit

Post by droop10 »

Duck07 wrote:
droop10 wrote:I just don't understand the rush to cancel it. It's like they got swept up in the hysteria and couldn't hold off to see how everything played out. Why not simply postpone it indefinitely, with the expectation that if things don't improve by a certain date it will be canceled? I doubt this will all be over in 2 weeks, but imagine if that happened, how ridiculous it would look that they canceled this altogether. That's my main beef with this, although I think the risk would have been minimal to simply have them play with no audience.
Sure, name a location that has as many infections as we do today where this was over in 2 weeks? Have you not bothered to look at the math of where we could be in a month's time?
As I said above, I doubt it will be over in 2 weeks, and that timeline was an exaggeration, but they could reasonably still postpone this for nearly 2 months and get it in before the end of the academic year. I just don't understand the haste to cancel rather than see it play out. We have no idea how this will turn out.

I have read up on it, and I understand how it could grow exponentially, but I have also read that South Korea and China have done a really good job of containing it and the numbers of newly infected have begun to drop each day. With all of the drastic measures being taken right now, I just don't see this carrying on for months, but that's just my opinion. We'll see how it plays out.

It's been a wild couple of days. As of yesterday afternoon, I was planning to attend the Pac-12 tournament, travel to see the Braves play opening day, had a 2 week trip to Germany planned, and 1 day later everything has gone to s***. Depressing couple of days.
Last edited by droop10 on Thu Mar 12, 2020 2:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
duck023
Four Star Recruit

Post by duck023 »

Duck07 wrote:
If some of you had as much faith in Oregon as you do in this virus I don't think Cristobal would ever get a negative comment.
duck023
Four Star Recruit

Post by duck023 »

chapelhillduck wrote:I mean, we can raise a banner like UW
I agree with this, 2020 Woman's National Champion Oregon Ducks!!!!!!
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

Agreed, this feels like a knee-jerk reaction. There are ways to let the players play yet be safe and practice proper precautions. Postpone the tournament, require players to be in isolation for two weeks, any player that has a fever or test positive is not allowed to play. This feels like a rushed decision.
shoparound
Four Star Recruit

Post by shoparound »

Also easily could have played closed doors, with every player, coaches and officials being tested beforehand. Bill the schools that are in the tournament for the tests. Even if it has to be a private court instead of an arena. Cut it straight to the sweet 16 or elite 8 field if they have to
GoDucksTroll
Sophomore

Post by GoDucksTroll »

This is just devastating.
nogerO
Senior

Post by nogerO »

That fucking sucks.
"To give anything less than your best, is to sacrifice the gift." - Steve Prefontaine
northbeachsf
Freshman

Post by northbeachsf »

This is such a bummer. Probably the right decision in the end, but I think would have preferred the "it is suspended indefinitely" approach just to see how things played out over the next 3-4 weeks.