mattc94
Four Star Recruit

Re: Sabrina Ionescu, Oregon robbed of storybook ending

Post by mattc94 »

duck023 wrote:
mattc94 wrote:
duck023 wrote:
mattc94 wrote:
alxtw wrote:Is there a curse, it seems oregon sports has a history or being robbed or just being extremely unlucky when it has a very good chance of winning a championship!
Meh. I wouldn't put this us up with the Red Sox/Chicago Cubs/Detroit Lions just yet. If this was the result of on court play or injury then I'd he wondering if we needed to hire a Voodoo priestess to remove a hex too. But a global pandemic? Some things just aren't meant to be.

The fact that a global pandemic happens during Oregon's woman's basketball's BEST SEASON shows that they are more cursed than the Red Sox and the Cubs. Also both of those teams have won a world series recently so both of their curses were overblown compared to Oregon's that is a legit curse. Also the Detroit Lions are just bad for the most part but Oregon is championship contenders and lose in the worst ways including a Pandemic that only effected Oregon. South Carolina and Baylor will be top 10 teams next year while Oregon won't be!!!!! So don't act like this Pandemic effected everyone equally Oregon got screwed the most by far.

To me it's similar to a World Cup team that couldn't play in the tournament due to political chaos or something like the 1980 Olympic Ban. To some a curse may fit that definition of bad luck. But for for me it's going to be one of the great tragic "what if" phantom teams of all time. Curses seems to add it to a list of other failures... to me this March stands apart from that.

Those other things like I said part of a list of dated events that fans get over as memories of a title replace them. But to me this is like the 1994 Montreal Expos or the 1980 American Olympic Team. You always see interviews with people who were on those squads and this hint of lost youth and opportunity affects them still to this day. To me that's worse than a curse... a curse can end. Teams that never realized what they were capable do to things out of their control never return and that can't be replaced by anything. That feeling never ends.
You are right this feels worse than losing and you might be right about the players on this team never getting over this. The only thing I disagree with is I will add this to the list of bad things that happened to great Oregon teams.
Yeah. I feeel yah there. Even I will admit it feels like we are snakebit sometimes.