Merganzer
Senior

Re: Potential MBB transfer additions

Post by Merganzer »

mattc94
Four Star Recruit

Post by mattc94 »

Man. Landers Nolley II's highlights are eye opening. Considered the second highest ranked prospect available in the transfer window. I really hope we land him along with Estrada. A very tall, athletic rangy guard with a really good game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sZJkbMM8SIk
OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

Aaron Estrada is coming to Oregon. Good pickup.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

Great pick up for Oregon! I'm a softy for lefties..

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
Tray Dub
All Pac-12

Post by Tray Dub »

Merganzer
Senior

Post by Merganzer »

Great news that the guys are thinking that even now. Should even most of them decide to stay, next seasons team will be formidable.
UofDuck
Senior

Post by UofDuck »

Is he Paunch’s younger brother?
Phenom
All Pac-12

Post by Phenom »

Yeah, a dude who seems to know stuff on SD is saying that a lot of the dudes are thinking of coming back rather than leaving.
mattc94
Four Star Recruit

Post by mattc94 »

Man. If can pull in another grad transfer wing, next year's
team would be absolutely loaded. Don't think I would remember a team with that much experience up front. We are almost always two or three players in the rotation. And Richardson/Duarte/Williams Jr would be great shooters. Anybody heard anything about Lok Wur's progress this year? He's kind of an unknown factor right now.
droop10
Five Star Recruit

Post by droop10 »

mattc94 wrote:Man. If can pull in another grad transfer wing, next year's
team would be absolutely loaded. Don't think I would remember a team with that much experience up front. We are almost always two or three players in the rotation. And Richardson/Duarte/Williams Jr would be great shooters. Anybody heard anything about Lok Wur's progress this year? He's kind of an unknown factor right now.
I think I'd rather have Matt Haarms from Purdue than a wing, although I could see that leading to too many guys down low and not enough playing time. I just see the added shot blocking that Haarms could bring, which was missing last year. With Williams, Duarte and Walker potentially coming back, I'm not as concerned about the wings. Granted, if they found some stud guard, I certainly wouldn't turn him away. If everyone comes back though, do they have room for another transfer? I honestly am too lazy to look up the current roster numbers.
mattc94
Four Star Recruit

Post by mattc94 »

droop10 wrote:
mattc94 wrote:Man. If can pull in another grad transfer wing, next year's
I think I'd rather have Matt Haarms from Purdue than a wing, although I could see that leading to too many guys down low and not enough playing time. I just see the added shot blocking that Haarms could bring, which was missing last year. With Williams, Duarte and Walker potentially coming back, I'm not as concerned about the wings. Granted, if they found some stud guard, I certainly wouldn't turn him away. If everyone comes back though, do they have room for another transfer? I honestly am too lazy to look up the current roster numbers.
There has been talk that Isaac Johnson might come in a year early from his mission because of the COVID-19 virus. It's just rumors right now but if that happens it would probably kill any interest in Haams. I do think that Altman is probably going to use the last spot on the roster for standard year sit transfer though. Having a couple of veteran guys come in to fill out a roster every year is a pretty good strategy. Helps smooth over any recruiting misses.
Phenom
All Pac-12

Post by Phenom »

CJ Walker announced that he’s coming back. Sweet!
Phalanx
Senior

Post by Phalanx »

UofDuck wrote:Is he Paunch’s younger brother?
More like a grandson. Actually I think Ponch had a son who was a pole vaulter at USC. That reference brings back memories. :lol:
mattc94
Four Star Recruit

Post by mattc94 »

NCAA is set to vote on the one time transfer rule in May. As to the timeline of when that affects current transfers the Ducks are signing... that's TBD.