Your favorite Oregon basketball moment of all time?

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

woundedknees
All-American

Re: Your favorite Oregon basketball moment of all time?

Post by woundedknees »

In the early to mid-70's, I rarely (if ever) missed a Duck game.

In '72 or '73 (Can't remember which), my best friend and I attended the Civil War at Mac Court. We arrived late enough that we ended up sitting behind the basket... on the Beavs end of the court.

We were literally directly behind their pep band and student section.

Couldn't let that stop us, so we were loud as ever, cheering on our Ducks.

You might say some of the beavitch faithful took exception to this.

Just as things were about to get ugly, Oregon TE Russ Francis (A HS classmate of ours) and several offensive linemen climbed up to sit with us.

Amazing how much we (peacefully) enjoyed the rest of that game!
Autzen Stadium... Where great teams go to die...Hard!

nogerO
Senior

Post by nogerO »

Went to Mac Court and watched Bruce Coldren go out of his mind from the corners and the Ducks took down the highly rated UCLA bruins. Amazing crowd and loud as hell...
"To give anything less than your best, is to sacrifice the gift." - Steve Prefontaine
northbeachsf
Freshman

Post by northbeachsf »

January 1995. Oregon vs. No. 2 UCLA.
One of the most insane Oregon games I have ever seen. Oregon was right there with UCLA and Orlando was hitting some insane shots. Near the end, they had to stop the game briefly before some UCLA FTs because it was so loud and the baskets were moving. The refs had to give a couple crowd warnings. When the buzzer finally went off, the court was mobbed with people. My ears were actually ringing after the game and I couldn't talk. I stayed up 1/2 the night watch Sportscenter just to see the highlights over and over.

I had a friend of mine that grew up in Tucson, AZ that was visiting and looking to transfer to Willamette. Her parents had season tickets and she grew up going to Cat hoop games. She was crazy about college basketball, so I grabbed a student ID from someone and got her into the student section with me. She was completely shocked and said she had never seen anything like that before. She still talks about it today.

I am not sure if that game is responsible, but we have been together ever since and married for 17 years. :lol: