Is Dana Altman's Streak of 20 win seasons done?

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

bigsugarduck
Five Star Recruit

Is Dana Altman's Streak of 20 win seasons done?

Post by bigsugarduck »

Found myself thinking about this today. That would be a terrible shame to have that streak go.

What would it take for Oregon to get to 20? Is there still a chance?
Stewart Mandel-"From a purely aesthetic standpoint, I much prefer to watch a good spread-rushing offense over a traditional Power-I offense, and Oregon's has been the most fun by far for the past several years. It's fast, its precise, and when Chip Kelly has the right quarterback (Dixon, Masoli) at the helm, the possibility of someone ripping off a 60-yard run exists on nearly every play."
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Re: Is Dana Altman's Streak of 20 win seasons done?

Post by UOducksTK1 »

Win the NIT

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
pudgejeff
Senior
GM: Sacramento Kings GM

Post by pudgejeff »

I don’t think a shortened season counts
northbeachsf
Freshman

Post by northbeachsf »

Well...they have 10 wins right now. If they can get healthy, they are going to make a run. Throw in a few post season wins and they might still make it. We will for sure have some make-up games in the next month as well.
StevensTechU
All Pac-12

Post by StevensTechU »

13-4. 5 games on the schedule to go, and you hope they can keep those while also picking up a couple of the games that were postponed, so it's possible they play 7 more in the regular season.

If they continue to play the way they are now, that would mean needing only 1-2 postseason wins to hit 20. Not impossible.
chapelhillduck
Senior

Post by chapelhillduck »

No (thread closed) :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

Impressive, once again!!

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
GrandpaDuck
Senior

Post by GrandpaDuck »

This season was always going to be an asterisk on the streak. Still is, but now the asterisk is for accomplished in spite of .....

I don't like to make premature assessments but I am starting to think Altman might be a pretty good coach.
duckfan22
Senior

Post by duckfan22 »

GrandpaDuck wrote:This season was always going to be an asterisk on the streak. Still is, but now the asterisk is for accomplished in spite of .....

I don't like to make premature assessments but I am starting to think Altman might be a pretty good coach.

I remember when he was hired and most didn't have any idea where
he came from or how good he was. Wasn't the splash hire. But he's just
simply the best coach. Were lucky to have him.
bigsugarduck
Five Star Recruit

Post by bigsugarduck »

duckfan22 wrote:
GrandpaDuck wrote:This season was always going to be an asterisk on the streak. Still is, but now the asterisk is for accomplished in spite of .....

:D I honestly thought this would be the year things would fall apart down the stretch, with Dante going down and the unfortunate 1-2 month...how do you bounce back from that?! Like he always has....

Now if only Altman could keep the borderline NBA'ers to stick around for an extra year or two, before languishing in the G-league or transferring for more playing time...
Stewart Mandel-"From a purely aesthetic standpoint, I much prefer to watch a good spread-rushing offense over a traditional Power-I offense, and Oregon's has been the most fun by far for the past several years. It's fast, its precise, and when Chip Kelly has the right quarterback (Dixon, Masoli) at the helm, the possibility of someone ripping off a 60-yard run exists on nearly every play."
StevensTechU
All Pac-12

Post by StevensTechU »

duckfan22 wrote:

It's pretty amazing the number of great coaches the athletic department has right now. Altman is arguably the best men's coach we've ever had. Kelly Graves is probably the best women's coach. Melissa Lombardi seems to be doing well with the softball team early in her career. Robert Johnson has kept the track and field teams toward the top of the nation. We're out of the Horton Horror years for baseball. Soccer seems to have found a solid coach (super early to say, but the Stanford win was nice, and they generally look more competitive than usual).

I imagine it's partly elevation of the Oregon brand and direction of the athletic department, partly athletic director, and partly just pure happenstance, but it's great to have.
northbeachsf
Freshman

Post by northbeachsf »

StevensTechU wrote:
duckfan22 wrote:

Altman is arguably the best men's coach we've ever had.
When you win 20 games with Jovan Catron as your best/ go-to player on offense, you are the best coach. No argument required.
:lol:
OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

StevensTechU wrote:
duckfan22 wrote:

It's pretty amazing the number of great coaches the athletic department has right now. Altman is arguably the best men's coach we've ever had. Kelly Graves is probably the best women's coach. Melissa Lombardi seems to be doing well with the softball team early in her career. Robert Johnson has kept the track and field teams toward the top of the nation. We're out of the Horton Horror years for baseball. Soccer seems to have found a solid coach (super early to say, but the Stanford win was nice, and they generally look more competitive than usual).

I imagine it's partly elevation of the Oregon brand and direction of the athletic department, partly athletic director, and partly just pure happenstance, but it's great to have.
There's also this other guy, named Luigi or something like that, who seems to have the somewhat popular football team headed in the right direction and is arguably the best recruiter in Oregon sports history.
pudgejeff
Senior
GM: Sacramento Kings GM

Post by pudgejeff »

duckfan22 wrote:

I was one who hated it and will continue to eat my crow. I've realized my error years ago and have been fully on board, but I'll never duck my initial thoughts on it.
duckfan22
Senior

Post by duckfan22 »

i was skeptical as well. With all the Isso sitings Jay Wright i fell into the is this
the best we could do..Turns out we got the right guy.