Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

GrantDuck
Senior

Next year's big men

Post by GrantDuck »

Kepnang
Dante(probable)
Bittle
Lawson(unlikely to transfer given his brother coming up here.

:shock:

Bittle should be able to play the 4 for us with his game he'll be a great fit there in our system. If you haven't seen him, there's lots of recent Youtube of him playing down in Phoenix in the "bubble."
northbeachsf
Freshman

Re: Next year's big men

Post by northbeachsf »

Dante has fallen off every mock draft board I have seen. He is probably going to need to show that he can stay healthy for more than just a couple games. I think he sticks around for another year, although he could go with the G league option too.
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

northbeachsf wrote:Dante has fallen off every mock draft board I have seen. He is probably going to need to show that he can stay healthy for more than just a couple games. I think he sticks around for another year, although he could go with the G league option too.
Payton Pritchard's 4 years at Oregon should let any draft prospect understand that you're much better off going into the NBA with your game developed because the NBA is most certainly not a developmental league. The G League is just rat ball because Adam Silver can't figure out how to run it in a more productive manner.
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

Duck07 wrote:
northbeachsf wrote:Dante has fallen off every mock draft board I have seen. He is probably going to need to show that he can stay healthy for more than just a couple games. I think he sticks around for another year, although he could go with the G league option too.
Payton Pritchard's 4 years at Oregon should let any draft prospect understand that you're much better off going into the NBA with your game developed because the NBA is most certainly not a developmental league. The G League is just rat ball because Adam Silver can't figure out how to run it in a more productive manner.
Well any prospect that isn't NBA ready, ha!

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
ducks5ever
Four Star Recruit

Post by ducks5ever »

Wow can't believe Dante's window of opportunity for the NBA is already closing. I thought that he has to go this year because if he gets injured again next season, that could possibly end his bball career. By leaving this year, he would at least get his foot in the door somewhere. At least that's what I thought but it looks like you all are saying it's the G-league?
northbeachsf
Freshman

Post by northbeachsf »

ducks5ever wrote:
Wow can't believe Dante's window of opportunity for the NBA is already closing. I thought that he has to go this year because if he gets injured again next season, that could possibly end his bball career. By leaving this year, he would at least get his foot in the door somewhere. At least that's what I thought but it looks like you all are saying it's the G-league?
I have not seen his name on a single mock draft since he got hurt again. He is listed in the second round in some 2022 versions that I have seen. He almost has to stay, right?

If he can stay healthy, he will make it on a roster. However, that looks to be a big "if" at this point.