MBB: Colorado vs Oregon (Thu 8 PM ESPN2)

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

greenyellow

MBB: Colorado vs Oregon (Thu 8 PM ESPN2)

Post by greenyellow »

FEB 18 (THU) 8 PM
COLORADO
EUGENE, OR
TV: ESPN2
GrandpaDuck
Senior

Re: MBB: Colorado vs Oregon (Thu 8 PM ESPN2)

Post by GrandpaDuck »

Wahoo, the rematch at sea level. Very important game for raising our post season stock.
OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

I’m not sure what’s worse so far, Oregon’s performance or these officials.
OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

Oregon down 25-30 at the half. They have not looked good, 8 turnovers at the half is ugly. Feels like there’s a lack of teamwork and a few guys are trying to force things too much, mainly Omoruyi. I’m sure Oregon will play better in the second half after Altman chews them out.

Also these refs are just confusingly bad, they are so inconsistent and have had some really dumb no calls and calls. They’re also really picking on Omoruyi with that second ticky tack foul and letting him get thrown around. Knowing PAC-12 refs though, I’m sure the second half with be a foul fest and a free throw competition.
OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

Omoruyi really needs to settle down. Earlier in an interview Altman talked about him and how he needs to stop trying to do everything, it showed tonight as he fouled out with 3 min to go. Granted the refs picked on him a bit but he really needs to get back to focusing on the little things like he did to start the season.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

Wasn't pretty but they got the win. Just have to keep stacking these wins.
Tray Dub
All Pac-12

Post by Tray Dub »

Nice win against one of the better teams in the conference. We had a five minute drought late in the second half of a close game, plus Omoruyi fouled out, and we still found a way. Tough defense, solid rebounding, and some late plays by Richardson and Duarte did the trick.

One other thing: I like Kepnang a lot. He's not all the way there, but he works hard, he's smart, and he's got a lot of strength around the rim. His offensive game isn't that far away either, seems to me. He doesn't look awkward with the ball in his hands like some of our recent bigs have, and his instinct is to go up strong, which I like. Got a feeling he's going to be a big part of this team for the next few years.
Everythingsducky
Senior

Post by Everythingsducky »

Any win now is a great win. Where was Terry again? Coaching DNP? Huge boards advantage for the Buffs. Really need Williams back to help on the boards, and for just his consistent play this year. Big missing piece.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

Everythingsducky wrote:Any win now is a great win. Where was Terry again? Coaching DNP? Huge boards advantage for the Buffs. Really need Williams back to help on the boards, and for just his consistent play this year. Big missing piece.
He played there in the 2nd half but it just seems Altman is cutting his PG rotation down with Richardson back.
thomas time
Senior

Post by thomas time »

where has Estrada been last few weeks
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

thomas time wrote:where has Estrada been last few weeks
Lost his PT with Richardson and Terry healthy.
northbeachsf
Freshman

Post by northbeachsf »

Tray Dub wrote:Nice win against one of the better teams in the conference. We had a five minute drought late in the second half of a close game, plus Omoruyi fouled out, and we still found a way. Tough defense, solid rebounding, and some late plays by Richardson and Duarte did the trick.

One other thing: I like Kepnang a lot. He's not all the way there, but he works hard, he's smart, and he's got a lot of strength around the rim. His offensive game isn't that far away either, seems to me. He doesn't look awkward with the ball in his hands like some of our recent bigs have, and his instinct is to go up strong, which I like. Got a feeling he's going to be a big part of this team for the next few years.
Completely agree on Kepnang. He is going to be elite and he is improving very very quickly. The most impressive thing is how well he moves for his size. Dude is going to be a force. My friend and I were texting during the game and I got a message from him that said “is he the next DeAndre Ayton with a little more experience?” I mean...maybe, right?

Defense was very impressive in the second half. If we clean up the rebounding a little, we are going to be very hard to beat.
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

Tray Dub wrote:Nice win against one of the better teams in the conference. We had a five minute drought late in the second half of a close game, plus Omoruyi fouled out, and we still found a way. Tough defense, solid rebounding, and some late plays by Richardson and Duarte did the trick.

Our D was spectacular. Even out half court D in the 2nd half was really good.

Great win! Colorado is a really good team.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13