WBB: #13 Oregon vs #8 UCLA (Fri 5 PM Pac-12 Network)

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

greenyellow

WBB: #13 Oregon vs #8 UCLA (Fri 5 PM Pac-12 Network)

Post by greenyellow »

FEB 19 (FRI) 5 PM
UCLA
LOS ANGELES, CA
TV: PAC-12 NETWORK
GrandpaDuck
Senior

Re: WBB: #13 Oregon vs #8 UCLA (Fri 5 PM Pac-12 Network)

Post by GrandpaDuck »

Hoping Coaches remember Dugalic was the best defensive matchup against their number 21. Last chance to upset one of the big 3 this season. So far 0-5 against them.

5 PM start, glad I can record it.
OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

UCLA cannot miss.
OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

Maybe things will change drastically in the second half, and I haven't seen very much of this team, but this team just simply is not great, they're good but not great. A top 25 team, but definitely not 10, maybe not even top 15. There's a lot of talent, but this team just seems to lack toughness. Both the men's and women's team really struggling with blocking out and physical play, and I've seen some head scratching moves from this women's team so far. A lot of it is youth for sure and this weird season resulting in a lack of chemistry, but there's been some pretty bad boneheaded mistakes this game. Whether it's players running into each other on a 2 on 1 fast break or someone pulling up on a transition three with numbers, there's been quite a few really bad plays that we're not used to.
Everythingsducky
Senior

Post by Everythingsducky »

OregonFan4Life wrote:Maybe things will change drastically in the second half, and I haven't seen very much of this team, but this team just simply is not great, they're good but not great. A top 25 team, but definitely not 10, maybe not even top 15. There's a lot of talent, but this team just seems to lack toughness. Both the men's and women's team really struggling with blocking out and physical play, and I've seen some head scratching moves from this women's team so far. A lot of it is youth for sure and this weird season resulting in a lack of chemistry, but there's been some pretty bad boneheaded mistakes this game. Whether it's players running into each other on a 2 on 1 fast break or someone pulling up on a transition three with numbers, there's been quite a few really bad plays that we're not used to.
Keep in mind, their big 3 last year, really the last couple of years, were ridiculous. They are starting pretty much from scratch. Ducks haven’t been on the level of UConn, Furd, etc., to reboot every year. Hopefully that is changing now. Solid, young nucleus that will improve in time. Chemistry will come with so many underclass players, plus the lack of practice time this year, when a super young team needed it. Give them some time.