MBB NCAA S16: #7 Oregon vs #6 USC (Sun 6:45 PM TBS)

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

greenyellow

MBB NCAA S16: #7 Oregon vs #6 USC (Sun 6:45 PM TBS)

Post by greenyellow »

MAR 28 (SUN) 6:45 PM
USC
INDIANAPOLIS, IN (BANKERS LIFE FIELDHOUSE)
TV: TBS
greenyellow

Re: MBB NCAA S16: #7 Oregon vs #6 USC (Sun 6:45 PM TBS)

Post by greenyellow »

USC still isn't over losing the Pac-12 regular season title to Oregon.
bigsugarduck
Five Star Recruit

Post by bigsugarduck »

Good stuff. I'm pissed this is an sweet sixteen matchup and not an Elite 8 (with only 5 teams from pac-12 in the bracket, this absolutely should not happen), but I think Oregon will be highly motivated to show how flukey the first USC matchup was. USC has some advantages, and Oregon has some advantages. However, Oregon has the better coach and 6 days to prepare...I like Oregon ( :lol: but I always like Oregon)
Last edited by bigsugarduck on Mon Mar 22, 2021 9:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Stewart Mandel-"From a purely aesthetic standpoint, I much prefer to watch a good spread-rushing offense over a traditional Power-I offense, and Oregon's has been the most fun by far for the past several years. It's fast, its precise, and when Chip Kelly has the right quarterback (Dixon, Masoli) at the helm, the possibility of someone ripping off a 60-yard run exists on nearly every play."
bigsugarduck
Five Star Recruit

Post by bigsugarduck »

greenyellow wrote:USC still isn't over losing the Pac-12 regular season title to Oregon.
Hmm...Where's that Bulletin board...?
Stewart Mandel-"From a purely aesthetic standpoint, I much prefer to watch a good spread-rushing offense over a traditional Power-I offense, and Oregon's has been the most fun by far for the past several years. It's fast, its precise, and when Chip Kelly has the right quarterback (Dixon, Masoli) at the helm, the possibility of someone ripping off a 60-yard run exists on nearly every play."
GrantDuck
Senior

Post by GrantDuck »

Hopefully we learned something from the first game and USC shoots poorly. Their FT% has to catch up with them eventually. Hopefully Sunday.
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

USC is tough, I was hoping Kansas was gonna win but it wasn’t even close

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
northbeachsf
Freshman

Post by northbeachsf »

This game worries me. Unlike Iowa, USC has size at the guard position and their bigs move extremely well for their size. They will match our athleticism and length on the perimeter. We are going to need to play like we did yesterday to have a chance at winning this game.
OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

USC did shoot extremely well against Kansas, I do hope they cool down a lot on Sunday. But that's funny talk from Mobley, if you want to win the conference championship, don't collapse at the end of the season and lose games you shouldn't lose. We all know USC was the best team in the Pac-12, but it's not Oregon's fault they lost those games. Typical USC mindset, don't take personal responsibility.
EncinitasDuck
Five Star Recruit

Post by EncinitasDuck »

Both teams looked unbeatable against their recent victims! Should be a great game. Just don't come out ice cold like we did last game and we should be ok!
GrandpaDuck
Senior

Post by GrandpaDuck »

USC sure is impressed with themselves considering they didn't win either the Conference Title or the Conference Tournament.
OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

Listening to the Dan Patrick Show you'd think Oregon will get crushed by 50+ by USC. This excessive media love for USC all while Oregon is being ignored really bodes well for Oregon.
buckmarkduck
All-American

Post by buckmarkduck »

Dana rarely gets swept by anyone in the Pac 12. I’m going with 78-74 good guys.
mattc94
Four Star Recruit

Post by mattc94 »

Sometimes I think people forget how good this team is. They legitimately have a great starting five. The best since the Final Four team.
All five starters average ten points or more and just blew out Iowa. Not saying things are going to be a cakewalk against USC. Who are probably favored. But still. This team is more a contender than the press is giving them credit for.
StevensTechU
All Pac-12

Post by StevensTechU »

mattc94 wrote:Sometimes I think people forget how good this team is. They legitimately have a great starting five. The best since the Final Four team.
All five starters average ten points or more and just blew out Iowa. Not saying things are going to be a cakewalk against USC. Who are probably favored. But still. This team is more a contender than the press is giving them credit for.
Once Will Richardson rounded into form and Figueroa found his stroke deep, it really made this team go from 'scrappy underdog' to venerable college starting 5.
GoDucksTroll
Sophomore

Post by GoDucksTroll »

While I always root for a Duck blowout win this particular game would be extra sweet.

No doubt that Altman can out coach Enfield. Hopefully the shots are falling from guys like Figueroa who are streaky, and the energy is there to make up for Mobley and co.

How often do teams from the same conference play in the Sweet Sixteen? I thought that was something the committee tried to avoid if possible, and there isn’t a single Pac-12 team in Baylor’s region.