MBB NCAA S16: #7 Oregon vs #6 USC (Sun 6:45 PM TBS)

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

dd10snoop28
Senior
GM: New Jersey Nets GM

Re: MBB NCAA S16: #7 Oregon vs #6 USC (Sun 6:45 PM TBS)

Post by dd10snoop28 »

DmoneyDuck wrote:Bummer performance. I thought this team was a Final 4 caliber team. It wasn't as good as 2017, but arguably a Top 3 team over the past 20 years. It was a nice second-half adjustment by Altman to put Duarte in the middle of the floor to pick apart that SC zone, but you have to wonder why it wasn't made earlier? The team also came out pretty tentative and passed up so many open shots. It's frustrating, because we played SC even in the second-half. It was a 5-7 minute stretch in the first-half that determined the game. Both teams are much better than their seeds but hopefully the PAC's performance this year earns the conference more respect moving forward. It would have been fun to finally get a chance at playing Gonzaga!
this
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

USC is a tough matchup. And we also missed a good amount of open 3s.

Good for them.. 3 pac-12 teams in the elite 8. Wild!

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
bigsugarduck
Five Star Recruit

Post by bigsugarduck »

UOducksTK1 wrote:USC is a tough matchup. And we also missed a good amount of open 3s.

Good for them.. 3 pac-12 teams in the elite 8. Wild!
And one if the FF! But seriously, the Pac-12 needs to win a title soon...by this metric the Pac-12 is the worst power conference. That needs to change.
Stewart Mandel-"From a purely aesthetic standpoint, I much prefer to watch a good spread-rushing offense over a traditional Power-I offense, and Oregon's has been the most fun by far for the past several years. It's fast, its precise, and when Chip Kelly has the right quarterback (Dixon, Masoli) at the helm, the possibility of someone ripping off a 60-yard run exists on nearly every play."