Conference of Champions

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

duck023
Four Star Recruit

Conference of Champions

Post by duck023 »

I'm happy to see at least one of the Pac 12 teams in the woman's championship will win. Pac 12 has had so many years where they had one of the best teams from one of toughest schedules and they can't quite win it all. I really do think the Pac 12 has the best woman's basketball but they had trouble winning it all until this year. Although I felt like Oregon last year would have won it all. I feel like Oregon is going to be much better next year and the conference will have more respect.
bigsugarduck
Five Star Recruit

Re: Conference of Champions

Post by bigsugarduck »

Yeah Yeah...I'm salty though, Oregon last year would have wiped the floor with both Arizona and Stanford from this year, or South Carolina from last year, and what does Oregon have to show for it? :roll: Oddly, the main accomplishment from last year's team was winning a game that didn't even count in the record books (taking down Team USA). It is a cruel world...
Stewart Mandel-"From a purely aesthetic standpoint, I much prefer to watch a good spread-rushing offense over a traditional Power-I offense, and Oregon's has been the most fun by far for the past several years. It's fast, its precise, and when Chip Kelly has the right quarterback (Dixon, Masoli) at the helm, the possibility of someone ripping off a 60-yard run exists on nearly every play."
duck023
Four Star Recruit

Re: Conference of Champions

Post by duck023 »

bigsugarduck wrote:Yeah Yeah...I'm salty though, Oregon last year would have wiped the floor with both Arizona and Stanford from this year, or South Carolina from last year, and what does Oregon have to show for it? :roll: Oddly, the main accomplishment from last year's team was winning a game that didn't even count in the record books (taking down Team USA). It is a cruel world...
I agree the way I see it is Oregon was the last years champ. The Stanford vs South Carolina game sort of showed me that Oregon was the greatest last year. Oregon beat Stanford 3 times and only one game was competitive. There is no doubt Oregon would have destroyed everyone last year or this year if everyone returned. The only tricky game was a rematch against Uconn in the elite 8. Beating them a 2nd time would have been a little tricky but I think that Oregon team would have beaten them again in a slightly closer game. Sabrina is the greatest player in woman's college basketball history I think even comparing Paige or Sue Bird to her is laughable. So for a team full of mostly freshmen like Sydney Parrish and Maddie Sherr to get Oregon to sweet 16 made me feel like a lot better about the situation.