WBB G Mikesell enters transfer portal

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

greenyellow

WBB G Mikesell enters transfer portal

Post by greenyellow »

Graves is losing yet another player, this time with recent transfer Taylor Mikesell transferring once again. Have to think Graves may need to look at someone else for depth purposes.
chapelhillduck
Senior

Re: WBB G Mikesell enters transfer portal

Post by chapelhillduck »

This one hurts...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
chapelhillduck
Senior

Post by chapelhillduck »

Also...this seems not great

https://twitter.com/taylormichele3/stat ... 07365?s=21

duck92
Two Star Recruit

Post by duck92 »

For those of us that don't speak emoji. What is the English translation?
StevensTechU
All Pac-12

Post by StevensTechU »

The translation of the emojis is "I'm just sitting over here enjoying my coffee, minding my own business..." It's judging things from afar while pretending to stay out of it.

In other words, Taylor Chavez is being childish by commenting without saying much, kind of egging things on and reveling in the turmoil.
GrandpaDuck
Senior

Post by GrandpaDuck »

The Mikesell from the preseason would be an asset to the team, the one from the regular season, I'd rather someone else got those minutes. I did think she would have a good chance to bounce back next year with a smaller line-up. I think insecurity in her place on the team contributed heavily to her extended slump.

I think I predicted 4-6 transferring out this season. Funny that the 1st three out were the three upper classmen.
bigsugarduck
Five Star Recruit

Post by bigsugarduck »

chapelhillduck wrote:This one hurts...
Couldn't agree less...

...I'd even make the argument that the biggest problem off last years team was Mikesell. She was a factor in all of the shortcomings. Spotty team shooting (yep), poor entry passes to bigs (yep), poor ball handling at end of games (yep), guards not getting comfortable (yep, she left very few opportunities for others). While defense was not a team shortcoming, she was also probably the worst defender on the team.

Good luck Taylor at your next stop! The team next year will be better by her subtraction.
Stewart Mandel-"From a purely aesthetic standpoint, I much prefer to watch a good spread-rushing offense over a traditional Power-I offense, and Oregon's has been the most fun by far for the past several years. It's fast, its precise, and when Chip Kelly has the right quarterback (Dixon, Masoli) at the helm, the possibility of someone ripping off a 60-yard run exists on nearly every play."
bigsugarduck
Five Star Recruit

Post by bigsugarduck »

GrandpaDuck wrote:The Mikesell from the preseason would be an asset to the team, the one from the regular season, I'd rather someone else got those minutes. I did think she would have a good chance to bounce back next year with a smaller line-up. I think insecurity in her place on the team contributed heavily to her extended slump.

I think I predicted 4-6 transferring out this season. Funny that the 1st three out were the three upper classmen.
Right you were! I think one of Shelley or Chavez would have been big to keep, but not terribly surprising given neither solidified themselves this year. At this point, no matter what, the team will benefit soo much from defined roles. Can't wait to see the improvements in year two for the returning core.
Stewart Mandel-"From a purely aesthetic standpoint, I much prefer to watch a good spread-rushing offense over a traditional Power-I offense, and Oregon's has been the most fun by far for the past several years. It's fast, its precise, and when Chip Kelly has the right quarterback (Dixon, Masoli) at the helm, the possibility of someone ripping off a 60-yard run exists on nearly every play."
nogerO
Senior

Post by nogerO »

Couldn't agree less...

...I'd even make the argument that the biggest problem off last years team was Mikesell. She was a factor in all of the shortcomings. Spotty team shooting (yep), poor entry passes to bigs (yep), poor ball handling at end of games (yep), guards not getting comfortable (yep, she left very few opportunities for others). While defense was not a team shortcoming, she was also probably the worst defender on the team.

Good luck Taylor at your next stop! The team next year will be better by her subtraction.[/quote]

She had the one big game (I believe it was the first pre season game) and that was about it. I think maybe some guards were a little nervous about Pao Pao and the new recruit. Oh well...
"To give anything less than your best, is to sacrifice the gift." - Steve Prefontaine
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

Headed to Ohio State, which makes sense since it's close to home.
shoparound
Four Star Recruit

Post by shoparound »

StevensTechU wrote:The translation of the emojis is "I'm just sitting over here enjoying my coffee, minding my own business..." It's judging things from afar while pretending to stay out of it.

In other words, Taylor Chavez is being childish by commenting without saying much, kind of egging things on and reveling in the turmoil.
Taylor Chavez still fanning the flames a bit with comments underneath the transfer tweets.
Seems that the grass was not as green as we thought with some players...

And looking at how they played at the latter half of the year, almost makes me wonder if they tanked.
duck023
Four Star Recruit

Post by duck023 »

I'm not saying she was Sabrina but she played Sabrina's role as well as she could have done and I have respect for her. I'm expecting big things from Sydney Parrish because I think she is the best person to take over that role of setting people up and making outside shots.