WBB adds New Mexico transfer G Hurst

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

greenyellow

WBB adds New Mexico transfer G Hurst

Post by greenyellow »

Oregon WBB has added another transfer, this time from New Mexico guard Ahlise Hurst. Good scorer but is also a plus defender. Sounds like they're going after possibly two more transfers to fill out the roster, one guard/wing and one forward/post.
gogreen55
Senior

Re: WBB adds New Mexico transfer G Hurst

Post by gogreen55 »

She doesn't have real high shooting percentages, so I don't know what to make of Ahlise. That being said, unless she is worse than a folding chair, which was approximately equivalent to Taylor Chavez's value to the team last season, she will be an upgrade by default.

My hope is that Ahlise has some athleticism. Watching the other guards in the Pac-12 make Taylor Chavez look so frail, unathletic and seemingly physically overmatched by comparison last season was painful. The fact she had a tubby, unathletic partner in underachieving crime (Mikesell) made it even worse.
shoparound
Four Star Recruit

Re: WBB adds New Mexico transfer G Hurst

Post by shoparound »

In reality this really just means we are back at square one, basically the 2-3 years before Sabrina got to the program. Recruiting players from jucos and less impactful schools. It's a rebuilding process. Sedona and Nyara *could be leaders, but they need to clean up their games and get somewhat of a consistency. Our 3 best players are injury prone and have lengthy history of injuries that I'm not sure if they will be reliable down the road in season.

As far as Chavez and Mikesell go, I really think they tanked the season last year. On top of having a bunch of players who were not giving good effort on the courts. This mass exodus really explains puzzling lack of chemistry and rash of bad execution that plagued the team this year.