WBB adds JC All-American Pinto

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

greenyellow

WBB adds JC All-American Pinto

Post by greenyellow »

Kelly Graves continue his roster refresh by adding two-time JC All-American Chanaya Pinto, who averaged 14.6 ppg in leading Northwest Florida State College to a national title this past season. She's not much of a three-point shooter so I imagine they'll still be looking for one.
StevensTechU
All Pac-12

Re: WBB adds JC All-American Pinto

Post by StevensTechU »

Serious question from someone who doesn't watch enough WBB- How critical is 3-point shooting in the women's college game compared to the NBA and MBB? It's critical in the NBA, less so but generally important in MBB, in my opinion.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

StevensTechU wrote:Serious question from someone who doesn't watch enough WBB- How critical is 3-point shooting in the women's college game compared to the NBA and MBB? It's critical in the NBA, less so but generally important in MBB, in my opinion.
It's needed with Oregon being so post heavy with Sabally and Prince. At the end of last season, you saw teams sag off Oregon's perimeter players to double their posts because they didn't respect any of them to beat them from deep consistently. As you saw with the Sabrina/Satou/Ruthy teams, the outside shooting they had really kept defenders honest and when they weren't, they'd burn them from deep or just pound it down low with Ruthy.
shoparound
Four Star Recruit

Post by shoparound »

We were definitely missing sharpooters last year. And with Taylor M and Taylor C tanking their games it was a mess.

Looking at the current recruiting for next year I have a feeling that the coaches have unfortunately missed their target transfers.
duck92
Two Star Recruit

Post by duck92 »

Are you saying Endyia Rogers is going to Arizona? Who else did we miss on?
GrandpaDuck
Senior

Post by GrandpaDuck »

We got into the transfer game late this season after most of the premier transfers had already landed.

Tough position because Graves wanted to stand pat and develop who we had. This was a good strategy except if he had been reading this board he would heard a loud mouth know nothing (me) say repeatedly there was going to be a bunch of transfers.
GrandpaDuck
Senior

Post by GrandpaDuck »

My hope is KG is still committed to developing his young players. These vet transfers, maybe more ready now but with lower ceilings and I hope they don't take too big a share of the minutes.
Last edited by GrandpaDuck on Thu May 27, 2021 2:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
panamaslim
Two Star Recruit

Post by panamaslim »

Arizona's Barnes surely is on a roll. Just me, but I expect Rogers will end up there. Seems like there's just been too much stuff going on in Eugene.

I was really surprised reading that West Linn's 5-Star, very physical post Aaronetta Vonleh, younger sister of former Blazer Noah, signed with Arizona. I wonder if we even recruited her - it would be nice if we could nab a local once in a while. Bando is the only one I can remember. Bendo Yeaney of Portland is also at Arizona having transferred from Indiana and she played a big part of the Wildcats run to the finals last year. Cameron Brink was probably never going to be a Duck for obvious reasons.

Appears that all these recent goings-on in Eugene will preclude the Ducks from seriously competing for the top 3 spots in Pac-12 next year, unless we maybe can get Rogers.
shoparound
Four Star Recruit

Post by shoparound »

It does suck because we owned both Stanford and Arizona and instead they end up with the National Title and recruiting benefits.

I know we make it sound like we didn't just have the #1 recruiting class in the country, but they sure didn't play like it. And with salty veterans throwing the games away, it was just a debacle.
duck023
Four Star Recruit

Post by duck023 »

shoparound wrote:It does suck because we owned both Stanford and Arizona and instead they end up with the National Title and recruiting benefits.

I know we make it sound like we didn't just have the #1 recruiting class in the country, but they sure didn't play like it. And with salty veterans throwing the games away, it was just a debacle.
I agree the #1 recruiting class was a huge disappointment and now it seems like those players will be replaced by older transfers. I really hope they can get their act together because I don't want Stanford to just take over the Pac 12 now that Sabrina is gone. Plus with her struggles in the WNBA it seems like all of the woman ducks are in tough positions.