Sedona Prince reminds me of Breanna Stewart

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

duck023
Four Star Recruit

Sedona Prince reminds me of Breanna Stewart

Post by duck023 »

I don't think you can ever replace someone like Sabrina even Sue Bird doesn't really compare to Sabrina. However I was thinking that Sedona Prince reminded me of a player from Uconn that I couldn't remember then I saw Breanna Stewart play for Seattle and then I remembered that was the player that reminded me of Sedona Prince. So we might not need a player as good as Sabrina when you have a player similar to Breanna Stewart and a bunch of other great players like Sabally and Te-Hina.
chapelhillduck
Senior

Re: Sedona Prince reminds me of Breanna Stewart

Post by chapelhillduck »

Stewart is one of the best players on the planet...so it’d be great if Prince did that:)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
GrandpaDuck
Senior

Post by GrandpaDuck »

Well, that's shooting high. Nothing wrong with that.

She has all the tools to be at least a 15/8 player this upcoming season.

I found her tendency to give way shorter players too much respect was frustrating to watch. Save that turnaround fadeaway jumper from 4 feet for the WNBA. Go up over and thru these college players. (To be fair, she got better about this later in the season.)
duckduckgoose
Five Star Recruit

Post by duckduckgoose »

GrandpaDuck wrote:Well, that's shooting high. Nothing wrong with that.

She has all the tools to be at least a 15/8 player this upcoming season.

I found her tendency to give way shorter players too much respect was frustrating to watch. Save that turnaround fadeaway jumper from 4 feet for the WNBA. Go up over and thru these college players. (To be fair, she got better about this later in the season.)
For not playing in an organized game for over two years, both her and Sabally played remarkably well. I think the jump both players make this year will be awesome.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
shoparound
Four Star Recruit

Post by shoparound »

She's got a long way to go before that...
But let's hope it comes soon...
GrandpaDuck
Senior

Post by GrandpaDuck »

She is doing some good things on the USA Americup team. 9.5 per game, shooting .600 from the field.

I hate that she is down there spending so much time being coached by Adia Barnes. Barnes is good at the transfer game and Chavez was a close friend of Prince if I remember right.

(Offseason with the new transfer rules seeds paranoia in some of us fans)
panamaslim
Two Star Recruit

Post by panamaslim »

Sometimes it seems she isn't squarely focused on improving her game. She has a lot going on off the court these days, so there's that. But she just needs to jump in the fire and get a little edgy with those shorter foes. Killer instinct.
duck023
Four Star Recruit

Post by duck023 »

panamaslim wrote:Sometimes it seems she isn't squarely focused on improving her game. She has a lot going on off the court these days, so there's that. But she just needs to jump in the fire and get a little edgy with those shorter foes. Killer instinct.
That is the other reason she reminds me of Breanna Stewart. Breanna Stewart was always causing headlines off the court and I remember Sedona played great after she brought up that weight room thing. I remember Breanna Stewart was always questioning Gino, etc but then playing great when it mattered.