Emoni Bates

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

GrandpaDuck
Senior

Re: Emoni Bates

Post by GrandpaDuck »

I am torn between "I really want him bad" and "I didn't want him anyway". I can make a case either way. I'll make my decision in a couple of days and have a reveal right here on this board.
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

GrandpaDuck wrote:I am torn between "I really want him bad" and "I didn't want him anyway". I can make a case either way. I'll make my decision in a couple of days and have a reveal right here on this board.
Grandpa duck announcing his decision on 8/26. :lol:

I like it!

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

He's now pushed his announcement to Friday.
northbeachsf
Freshman

Post by northbeachsf »

I thought the last day to add classes at Memphis is tomorrow. Or maybe he is just waiting to do the announcement on the Memphis campus with Penny and Sheed?

The only thing I think this means is he is still somewhat considering pulling the plug on Memphis at the last minute and going to the G League.
karlhungis
All Pac-12

Post by karlhungis »

northbeachsf wrote:I thought the last day to add classes at Memphis is tomorrow. Or maybe he is just waiting to do the announcement on the Memphis campus with Penny and Sheed?

The only thing I think this means is he is still somewhat considering pulling the plug on Memphis at the last minute and going to the G League.
Isn't there a legit possibility that he could make more money in NIL than he could in the G League now?
OregonFan4life -
My source just said Chip is officially back!
It will be announced at Autzen press conference tomorrow afternoon!
droop10
Five Star Recruit

Post by droop10 »

I believe I saw somewhere that his name is already showing up in the student directory at Memphis. Barring some surprise, I don't think there's any reason to get any hopes up. I was a little nervous with how he'd fit with this team anyway, given he may not have been a starter.
OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

I think Memphis is becoming the basketball version of Cal football in the early 2010’s or USC football, where great recruits go to under-perform and be average.
GrandpaDuck
Senior

Post by GrandpaDuck »

droop10 wrote:I believe I saw somewhere that his name is already showing up in the student directory at Memphis. Barring some surprise, I don't think there's any reason to get any hopes up. I was a little nervous with how he'd fit with this team anyway, given he may not have been a starter.
I just found his name in the Directory unless there is another Emoni Bates there.
bellsduck
Senior
GM: Utah Jazz

Post by bellsduck »

You're all too pessimistic.
The directory thing has already been explained as to why his name might be there.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

So much for the Friday announcement as he just committed to Memphis today.
lukeyrid13
All-American
GM: Portland TrailBlazers

Post by lukeyrid13 »

^ The most unexciting announcement for a #1 recruit ever
rentdodger
One Star Recruit

Post by rentdodger »

droop10 wrote:I believe I saw somewhere that his name is already showing up in the student directory at Memphis. Barring some surprise, I don't think there's any reason to get any hopes up. I was a little nervous with how he'd fit with this team anyway, given he may not have been a starter.
Where was this guy going to fit in? Oregon has a pretty talented roster at all three levels. He has a better chance taking Chandler Lawson’s minutes and others at Memphis than at Oregon. I think Altman has the bigs he needed last year, along with wing and guard talent to really make this a special year.
GrantDuck
Senior

Post by GrantDuck »

Emoni is a great talent.

I still really like what we've assembled at Oregon though.

Roster is updated:
https://goducks.com/sports/mens-basketball/roster

4 guys 6'11", whew!
northbeachsf
Freshman

Post by northbeachsf »

Yeah...we have a SR point guard, shooting, defense, rim protection. Going to be a very good team once they gel.
Hopefully Dante gets better and can play this year.

Memphis has a ton of talent, but it always seems like the media and fans undervalue experience at the PG position. It is very difficult to win consistently with a freshman PG.