QUACK! WBB gets commit from 2022 post Basham

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

greenyellow

QUACK! WBB gets commit from 2022 post Basham

Post by greenyellow »

Kelly Graves has received yet another commitment from a top 2022 recruit, this time from #44 overall and #6 post Kennedy Basham out of AZ.
StevensTechU
All Pac-12

Re: QUACK! WBB gets commit from 2022 post Basham

Post by StevensTechU »

6'7. Holy smokes.
gogreen55
Senior

Post by gogreen55 »

Nobody embraces the "Tall Firs" legacy as much as Kelly Graves.
duck55
Senior

Post by duck55 »

If she is 6'7, her brother looks to be close to 7'
woundedknees
All-American

Post by woundedknees »

At 6'7, Basham looks as if she is reasonably well conditioned for basketball.

It's funny, since my brother was that height as a junior in High School, and never achieved the physically solid appearance this player has, until his junior year of college ball.

Hope Graves can develop the talent on this team.
Autzen Stadium... Where great teams go to die...Hard!

panamaslim
Two Star Recruit

Post by panamaslim »

Develop the talent - that's the key phrase. Not sure our bigs have been coached up much. Sabrina developed Ruthy's talent and she's not here anymore. I'm hoping Moser can help with that.
bigsugarduck
Five Star Recruit

Post by bigsugarduck »

Cant tell from that video, but what are her strengths? Besides being ultra-long....what will she bring?
Stewart Mandel-"From a purely aesthetic standpoint, I much prefer to watch a good spread-rushing offense over a traditional Power-I offense, and Oregon's has been the most fun by far for the past several years. It's fast, its precise, and when Chip Kelly has the right quarterback (Dixon, Masoli) at the helm, the possibility of someone ripping off a 60-yard run exists on nearly every play."
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

bigsugarduck wrote:Cant tell from that video, but what are her strengths? Besides being ultra-long....what will she bring?
From ESPN:
Nike Tournament of Champions-December 2019: Superior shot blocking presence with emerging offensive game consistency; makes plays through contact in the block, brings a soft touch in the key, adding offensive weaponry, continues to emerge as a coveted prospect in the class of 2022. (Olson)

Nike Nationals-July 2019: Low-post performer continues to emerge as a dominating front court prospect; shot blocker, rim protector with superb mobility in the uptempo game; improved physicality, finishes plays in the paint vs. contact; a stock-riser in the class of 2020. (Olson)

Nike Tournament of Champions-December 2018: Finesse-5 with superior shot blocking presence defends the paint, rebounds and initiates the fast break; brings an emerging offensive game to the post, feathery touch in the mid-post; potential. (Olson)

Notes
AZCentral 1st-team All-Arizona in 2020.
GrandpaDuck
Senior

Post by GrandpaDuck »

bigsugarduck wrote:Cant tell from that video, but what are her strengths? Besides being ultra-long....what will she bring?
Watched a 4 minute video at an ASU camp. Very similar to Lydia when she was a high schooler. She is mobile and coordinated for her height, blocks a ton of shots but I didn't see her play against PAC-12 size players.

I would be thrilled with a Lydia type of offensive player, cleaning up stuff around the hoop, with hopefully a Brink type of defensive presence deep in the paint. That would be a great asset to the team . I am not saying that is her ceiling, she is young and could develop into who knows what but that type of player would not be unrealistic from what I saw.