MBB: Chaminade v #12 Oregon (Nov. 22, Mon 6 PM ESPNU)

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

bigsugarduck
Five Star Recruit

Re: MBB: Chaminade v #12 Oregon (Nov. 22, Mon 6 PM ESPNU)

Post by bigsugarduck »

northbeachsf wrote:After that game against SMU, it looked like we were going to turn the corner early. But I guess not. I typical Altman fashion, we will drop some janxy non-conference games, then hit our stride in Jan - Feb. not concerned at all yet.
Is BYU janky? They in the top 25 at least…losing by 30 to anyone is janky though.
Stewart Mandel-"From a purely aesthetic standpoint, I much prefer to watch a good spread-rushing offense over a traditional Power-I offense, and Oregon's has been the most fun by far for the past several years. It's fast, its precise, and when Chip Kelly has the right quarterback (Dixon, Masoli) at the helm, the possibility of someone ripping off a 60-yard run exists on nearly every play."
GrandpaDuck
Senior

Post by GrandpaDuck »

I will be surprised if this is the stretch run starting 5. They are short without the offsetting athleticism of the past teams. I imagine at some point, hopefully soon, we'll see at least one of the 4 bigs in the game at all times.

Dante and Big Frank will be needed to step up and provide some rebounding and rim protection help almost all game long.

The two young bigs have a lot to learn and adjust to the high point college players play at. Johnson seems ahead of Bittle at this point by a nose. I'm not convinced either one of them will be able to make a significant contribution in conference play this year, but I don't rule it out this early either.
GrantDuck
Senior

Post by GrantDuck »

Johnson and Bittle need to play this year. Perhaps whichever is practicing better. The level of our team with Dante or Franck in has simply been better and Johnson/Bittle both played well at the 4 yesterday.

Soares has the most potential of any wing by far on this team.
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

Johnson/Bittle have a lot of upside, really glad coach gave them some solid minutes this game.

We didn't play great, but much better than BYU.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
GrandpaDuck
Senior

Post by GrandpaDuck »

GrandpaDuck wrote:I will be surprised if this is the stretch run starting 5. They are short without the offsetting athleticism of the past teams. I imagine at some point, hopefully soon, we'll see at least one of the 4 bigs in the game at all times.

Dante and Big Frank will be needed to step up and provide some rebounding and rim protection help almost all game long.

The two young bigs have a lot to learn and adjust to the high point college players play at. Johnson seems ahead of Bittle at this point by a nose. I'm not convinced either one of them will be able to make a significant contribution in conference play this year, but I don't rule it out this early either.

Well that didn't take long.

Big Frank starting tonight.