MBB: UC Riverside @ Oregon (Dec. 1, Wed 7 PM Pac-12 Network)

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

OregonFan4Life
All-American

Re: MBB: UC Riverside @ Oregon (Dec. 1, Wed 7 PM Pac-12 Netw

Post by OregonFan4Life »

northbeachsf wrote:
OregonFan4Life wrote:I find it interesting how people say this team is really talented but the reason they struggle is cause they play 1 v 1 basketball. That’s not a recipe for success but if this team was really that talented then they wouldn’t struggle so much offensively playing 1 v1 basketball, after all that’s how the 2017 team beat Kansas to go to the Final Four. I just think this team isn’t as talented as we thought they’d be.
Agree that in the Kansas game, the talent just took over and won it. However, that team was actually pretty good at sharing the ball throughout the year. They finished 2nd in the Pac-12 conference in assists per game. They were also elite on the defensive end and finished 1st in both blocks and steals in conference play.

The core of that team had also been playing together for a couple years. There was a lot of trust between teammates and I think maybe that reinforces the point I was trying to make. You didn't see missed assignments on either end.
Absolutely I agree, it definitely takes a combo of talent and team play (more so team play, see the 2014 NBA finals). I was just saying that if Oregon was that talented the record may be the same but the offense would’ve so awful against quality opponents. I think this team has 0 chemistry and isn’t as talented as we expected.