Has Graves checked out like Cristobal?

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

duck023
Four Star Recruit

Has Graves checked out like Cristobal?

Post by duck023 »

He isn't the coach he used to be and I'm starting to wonder if a dream job has popped up or something.
bigsugarduck
Five Star Recruit

Re: Has Graves checked out like Cristobal?

Post by bigsugarduck »

:lol: It must be rough always being on edge...

But seriously, I don't know where you come up with this stuff. Checked out? A coach with two top-2 recruiting classes in three years is not checked out. The women's team not being up to your standards is 50% attributable to a really weird COVID year (where chemistry could not be manufactured out of thin air), and 50% due to key injuries (a healthy PaoPao may have elevated Oregon to the Elite 8 or beyond. Don't forget how close Oregon was to beating Stanford last year). This year has been brutal with early injuries, but none appear season ending.

Get a grip, and buckle up and support them while they get healthy and be ready for a good run in the tournament.
Stewart Mandel-"From a purely aesthetic standpoint, I much prefer to watch a good spread-rushing offense over a traditional Power-I offense, and Oregon's has been the most fun by far for the past several years. It's fast, its precise, and when Chip Kelly has the right quarterback (Dixon, Masoli) at the helm, the possibility of someone ripping off a 60-yard run exists on nearly every play."
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

It injuries and depth issues plain and simple.
shoparound
Four Star Recruit

Post by shoparound »

At this point is everyone still expecting PaoPao to have a regular career? she will be in and out of the team constantly due to injuries. Not her fault of course, but I'm not sure we can count on her to be here at long periods of time.
nogerO
Senior

Post by nogerO »

Wow! Calm down Francis. Graves has just recruited arguably the top class so far again this year. Injuries will work themselves out. I think he’s going to be here for a long time. By the end of the year Oregon will be just fine.

Go DUCKS!
"To give anything less than your best, is to sacrifice the gift." - Steve Prefontaine
rockthief
Senior

Post by rockthief »

bellsduck
Senior
GM: Utah Jazz

Post by bellsduck »

This guy....
duckfan96
Senior

Post by duckfan96 »

Have certain fans checked out? Of reality?
shoparound
Four Star Recruit

Post by shoparound »

I mean there's only so much you can do with the lack of quality players on the roster. We are left with pretty much a pre-Graves era type of players right now (and without a Jillian Alleyne type), so we can only get so much.
nogerO
Senior

Post by nogerO »

The game against McNeese should answer the OP’s question. A minute and a half into the third quarter Graves yanked the starters out and had a “chat” with them about coasting on a big lead. Trust me any team that gets a big lead on us won’t be coasting. Graves was pissed. Question answered. Plus you can see the development in his players. Watson, Parrish and hurst and others too.
"To give anything less than your best, is to sacrifice the gift." - Steve Prefontaine
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

The talent is there with this team. Now it just needs some ball handlers to get certain players the ball. Rogers should be back soon and Paopao will show up sometime in January. Plus, next year they'll have Chance Gray, who's as talented as they come.
nogerO
Senior

Post by nogerO »

I really like the rapor that Prince and Watson are developing with their inside passing game. It's going to be a dangerous duo with that in the near future. Sky's the limit for this team if they can come together. They've never had a roster this deep with the talent they all posess.
lmduck

Post by lmduck »

duckfan96 wrote:Have certain fans checked out? Of reality?
This is epic. Kudos to you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk