MBB: Oregon @ OSU (Jan. 10, Mon 7 PM Pac-12 Network)

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

greenyellow

MBB: Oregon @ OSU (Jan. 10, Mon 7 PM Pac-12 Network)

Post by greenyellow »

JAN. 10 (MON) 7 PM
OREGON STATE
CORVALLIS, OR
TV: PAC-12 NETWORK
greenyellow

Re: MBB: Oregon @ OSU (Jan. 10, Mon 7 PM Pac-12 Network)

Post by greenyellow »

Ducks win 78-76. Oregon really tried giving that game away by missing so many free throws.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

northbeachsf
Freshman

Post by northbeachsf »

I keep wondering if we are going to turn the corner this year. How does this much talent struggle this much? There is just no trust and sharing. Again just mostly 1 on 1 basketball. Young looks like the only guy 100% committed on the defensive end.
GrantDuck
Senior

Post by GrantDuck »

This might be our worst defensive team under Altman (at least after the first couple years)..which is crazy considering the length we have available.
dd10snoop28
Senior
GM: New Jersey Nets GM

Post by dd10snoop28 »

Dante is playing like a stud.

Eric Williams is our 2nd best player. He is miles ahead of Guerrier, Harmon, and Young who are all starting in front of him. I haven’t understood it all season.

Young never passes. Like, never. He should be our 6th man instead of the main person initiating our offense. Also, his defense is bad. He can score though so he has value.

Gurrier/Hardy should really be coming off the bench. Why is Soares not starting?
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

Ya Young Is a ball hog. Our passing on this team as a whole is atrocious. Harmon who is playing better lately, literally has no vision. Idk how he thought he would enter the NBA last year.

It’s never a good sign when Soares probably has the 2nd best passing vision on the team after Richardson.

Anyway, important win. Need to beat teams like the Beavers.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
GrandpaDuck
Senior

Post by GrandpaDuck »

Anyone else think the Beavers looked more physical and athletic? It's been along time since I felt that way about this matchup.
northbeachsf
Freshman

Post by northbeachsf »

I am honestly wondering why we don't go big and get Bittle on the floor more. Franck and Dante are playing well, but are non existent rim protectors on defense. Bittle is the only guy that can consistently get blocks / change shots.

Soares should absolutely be getting more minutes at SF. He rebounds and plays defense and is unselfish. But I have been beating the Soares drum all year and it just isn't happening for some reason.

Watching Harmon is like watching freshman Johnny Loyd. He is completely out of control 50% of the time.

As someone mentioned, passing, court vision, and ball movement are probably the worst ever for an Altman team.
GrandpaDuck
Senior

Post by GrandpaDuck »

Young actually has more assists than Harmon, but everyone is right, if he sees a path to the basket he is going to try to finish it himself.

To me a major issue is Young, Guerier and Soares have taken 136 3pt shots when they shoot .286, .264 and .244 respectively.

At Syracuse last year only 25% of Guerier 's attempts were 3s. This year 50% of his attempts are. In Young's case his percentage is just way down and he might snap out of it. With Soares more than 1/2 his shots are 3s. In JC he was a 33% 3pt shooter which would be fine but his .244 pace now isn't great.
dd10snoop28
Senior

Post by dd10snoop28 »

I still don't understand how Williams is not starting?! He is past injury so that can't be the reason.

Swap Williams and Soares with Young and Guerrier/Hardy in our starting lineup and we will be a lot better.

Lineup:
Richardson
Williams
Soares
*Guerrier or Hardy*
Dante

And Young is first off the bench.

Better ball-movement and much better defense.
dd10snoop28
Senior

Post by dd10snoop28 »

northbeachsf wrote:I am honestly wondering why we don't go big and get Bittle on the floor more. Franck and Dante are playing well, but are non existent rim protectors on defense. Bittle is the only guy that can consistently get blocks / change shots.

Soares should absolutely be getting more minutes at SF. He rebounds and plays defense and is unselfish. But I have been beating the Soares drum all year and it just isn't happening for some reason.

Watching Harmon is like watching freshman Johnny Loyd. He is completely out of control 50% of the time.

As someone mentioned, passing, court vision, and ball movement are probably the worst ever for an Altman team.
How is Bittle's ability to guard in space? From the limited time he has been on the court, I don't think he's much better than Dante which is bad.

Agree on Soares and Harmon.