WBB: #10 UConn @ Oregon (Jan. 17, Mon 2 PM ESPN2)

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

greenyellow

WBB: #10 UConn @ Oregon (Jan. 17, Mon 2 PM ESPN2)

Post by greenyellow »

JAN. 17 (MON) 2 PM
UCONN
EUGENE, OR
TV: ESPN2
greenyellow

Re: WBB: #10 UConn @ Oregon (Jan. 17, Mon 2 PM ESPN2)

Post by greenyellow »

UConn will be without both Bueckers (knee) and Christyn Williams (COVID) today.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

After UConn started game on a 10-0 run, Oregon has outscored them 26-6 in the last quarter plus. Certainly helps that UConn is missing a lot of their top players though.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

Sedona is just killing UConn in the mid-range and down low, with 12 points in the 2nd quarter. Oregon goes into half leading 39-24. UConn's lack of players (they've only played 6 compared to Oregon's 10) is really showing.
rockthief
Senior

Post by rockthief »

Ladies are bearing down!
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

Only downer note was Sabally going down with an injury. She's got an ice bag on her right knee but otherwise smiling on the bench.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

GrandpaDuck
Senior

Post by GrandpaDuck »

Strong defense and good killer instinct thru the first 3 quarters (I'll watch the 4th quarter later.) So yeah U-C was short some star players but the win will still help for NCAA seeding and rankings.

I also wont cry too much for U-Conn. Of the 6 players they played, 4 of them were Top 5 in their recruiting class and the other 2 were big time transfers. Four players ranked higher than anyone on the Ducks.
gogreen55
Senior

Post by gogreen55 »

It sounds like there is some optimism that Nyara's injury was more of a scare than anything serious. I guess we will see over the next couple weeks how much she is able to play, and how she looks if she does. The ceiling is high for this team if they can actually stay healthy.
bigsugarduck
Five Star Recruit

Post by bigsugarduck »

gogreen55 wrote:It sounds like there is some optimism that Nyara's injury was more of a scare than anything serious. I guess we will see over the next couple weeks how much she is able to play, and how she looks if she does. The ceiling is high for this team if they can actually stay healthy.
This has happened 3-4 times before with her. I think she is terrified another injury will happen, perhaps a career ender. So whenever an injury happens, even if it is minor, she gets very emotional and upset. It is scary for the fans, and but terrifying for her. Hope she is fine and will be playing again soon. So much ability, and like her sister, she can do things very few people can at her size.
Stewart Mandel-"From a purely aesthetic standpoint, I much prefer to watch a good spread-rushing offense over a traditional Power-I offense, and Oregon's has been the most fun by far for the past several years. It's fast, its precise, and when Chip Kelly has the right quarterback (Dixon, Masoli) at the helm, the possibility of someone ripping off a 60-yard run exists on nearly every play."
nogerO
Senior

Post by nogerO »

I thought Oregon came out timid but quickly turned up the pressure and went on that terrific run. Their defense caused UConn to shoot poorly and to be honest they looked pretty soft to me. The Ducks played hard and well. Bummer about Nyarra but she looked just fine after the game shaking the opponents hands. Seem Kelly is finally able to play players where they need to be and this team will be tough to handle in March adding anymore fluky injuries.

Go DUCKS!!!
"To give anything less than your best, is to sacrifice the gift." - Steve Prefontaine