CBS projects Oregon as a 12 seed

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

CBS projects Oregon as a 12 seed

Post by UOducksTK1 »

We are firmly on the bubble right now. Keep winning!

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
northbeachsf
Freshman

Re: CBS projects Oregon as a 12 seed

Post by northbeachsf »

I feel another "Altman" coming on.

Enter the tourney as a 12-seed when we are playing like a 2 or 3 seed at the end of the year, then completely trash some poor, unsuspecting 5 seed in the first round. :lol:

Gotta love it.
DuckNV
One Star Recruit

Post by DuckNV »

northbeachsf wrote:I feel another "Altman" coming on.

Enter the tourney as a 12-seed when we are playing like a 2 or 3 seed at the end of the year, then completely trash some poor, unsuspecting 5 seed in the first round. :lol:

Gotta love it.
I can't remember which year this happened, but according to some announcers at the time, there were complaints about Oregon's improper seeding.
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

DuckNV wrote:
northbeachsf wrote:I feel another "Altman" coming on.

Gotta love it.
I can't remember which year this happened, but according to some announcers at the time, there were complaints about Oregon's improper seeding.
I think after 2015 or so every team we've faced thinks we're improperly seeded regardless of the outcome.
Phalanx
Senior

Post by Phalanx »

Oregon has been mis-seeded a few times, including the last two tournaments, but the year you are probably thinking of is 2013, when the Ducks made it to the Sweet 16 as a 12-seed. The 5-seed (Okie State) and the 4-seed (St. Louis) both complained that they got a raw deal having to play Oregon, and Louisville (the eventual champion) also came away from the game saying the seeding was clearly wrong.

If Oregon actually has turned the corner this year and starts winning, they won't be a 12-seed again. Beating UCLA and USC on the road in the same weekend put our boys on the map, and further winning will move them up the ladder.
bigsugarduck
Five Star Recruit

Post by bigsugarduck »

Phalanx wrote:Oregon has been mis-seeded a few times, including the last two tournaments, but the year you are probably thinking of is 2013, when the Ducks made it to the Sweet 16 as a 12-seed. The 5-seed (Okie State) and the 4-seed (St. Louis) both complained that they got a raw deal having to play Oregon, and Louisville (the eventual champion) also came away from the game saying the seeding was clearly wrong.

If Oregon actually has turned the corner this year and starts winning, they won't be a 12-seed again. Beating UCLA and USC on the road in the same weekend put our boys on the map, and further winning will move them up the ladder.
If memory serves Oregon played Louisville closest that year as well. In another part of the bracket they might have gone way further.

As for seeding, Oregon has never been over seeded and is consistently under seeded. Someone did an analyses showing Oregon was one of the teams that overperforms their seed most in recent decades. I’ll be shocked if Oregon does not finish at least 2nd in conference, or does not win pac tournament.
Stewart Mandel-"From a purely aesthetic standpoint, I much prefer to watch a good spread-rushing offense over a traditional Power-I offense, and Oregon's has been the most fun by far for the past several years. It's fast, its precise, and when Chip Kelly has the right quarterback (Dixon, Masoli) at the helm, the possibility of someone ripping off a 60-yard run exists on nearly every play."