MBB: Colorado @ Oregon (Jan. 25, Tues 7 PM Pac-12 Network)

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

northbeachsf
Freshman

Re: MBB: Colorado @ Oregon (Jan. 25, Tues 7 PM Pac-12 Networ

Post by northbeachsf »

Gross
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

Also not helping that Oregon has lost much of the movement on offense that led to plenty of easy baskets.
OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

Way too much 1 on 1 basketball tonight.
OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

Colorado deserves to win more. Very humbling game so far for Oregon, I’m thinking they got a little overconfident after the LA road sweep and WA win.
northbeachsf
Freshman

Post by northbeachsf »

We cannot afford to lose this game. Come on Ducks. Need a run here
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

Awful 2nd half for Oregon. No defense and the offense has dried up due to no movement.
OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

greenyellow wrote:Awful 2nd half for Oregon. No defense and the offense has dried up due to no movement.
This looks like the team earlier in the season that got blown out by BYU.

0 offensive movement, no rotations on defense, no fight, no communication, they just look like they haven’t played together and are constantly lost and trying to score with 1v1 basketball. Credit to Colorado for not giving up with the early deficit.
OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

Geez these refs refuse to call anything on Battey the fatty!
OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

Young shouldn’t have gotten so many minutes tonight. Sometimes he reminds me of Westbrook, he needs to learn to slow down and let the game come to him.
dthomas=ddixon

Post by dthomas=ddixon »

This is why I don’t watch games. As soon as I tuned in the game got tight. Rough 2nd half.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

They really needed someone besides Guerrier and Richardson to get going as those two have been really quiet this half. Good adjustments by CU to neutralize them and get so many easy baskets on the offensive end.
OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

Ducks force the 5 second turnover then turn it right back over, not sure what Richardson was doing there but just as much blame falls on Young, he should be yelling at the top of his lungs that the double is coming with Richardson’s head turned away. This has been one of the more disappointing halves in recent history for Oregon basketball, regardless of the outcome.

And as I type this after another steal by Oregon but Young turns it back over again by trying to go 1 on 2 then throws it to Harmon way too late. Young’s performance tonight has been killer and detrimental to the team, not sure why Altman has been so patient with him. But again Young is like Westbrook, only plays 110 MPH, he giveth and taketh away.
OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

Why is Richardson’s hands not up as Colorado is going for a last second shot with the shot clock running out?
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

So another da Silva does Oregon in. Ducks really needed this win since everyone knows how much of a horror show Boulder has been for them.
OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

Oregon deserved to lose. Credit to Colorado, they took it to Oregon. I can’t remember the last time I was so disappointed in a team for a half. The effort was flat out awful tonight.

Richardson can score, but his defense was completely effortless. The play that stood out the most was late when Oregon was down 3 and Colorado had to throw up a last second shot to beat the shot clock, Richardson stood there and did not contest at all. Hands were at his waist and made it way too easy for Colorado to score.

Young is way too out of control. He was a putrid 5 for 15 and forced way too much and when he drives he has ZERO court vision. He also just doesn’t use his brain. Down 3 with just under 30 seconds to go he gets a steal, he follows that up with a pull up rushed jumper from the elbow with nobody around him. He didn’t even think to pass or get the ball to one of the better shooters for a possible open three. That was an incredibly stupid play by Young and he needs to learn to slow down.

Dante had a rough game, but he did have Battey the fatty all over him but still that’s no excuse. He needs to overcome the adversity and fight back. He let the no calls by the officials affect him far too much. We need some growth from him.

Only player I was impressed by tonight was Guerrier, he played a solid game on the offensive side of the ball. On defense nobody played well.

This was a really bad loss that is detrimental to this team’s chances at making the tourney. This has been a season of really good wins and really bad losses.