WBB Pac-12T: Utah v Oregon (Mar. 4, Fri 8:30 PM Pac-12N)

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

greenyellow

WBB Pac-12T: Utah v Oregon (Mar. 4, Fri 8:30 PM Pac-12N)

Post by greenyellow »

MAR. 4 (FRI) 8:30 PM
UTAH
LAS VEGAS, NV
TV: PAC-12 NETWORK
GrandpaDuck
Senior

Re: WBB Pac-12T: Utah v Oregon (Mar. 4, Fri 8:30 PM Pac-12N)

Post by GrandpaDuck »

Here's my Utah scouting report.

Utah is the highest scoring team in the PAC-12 at 76.86 per-game (UO is 3rd). And the worst Scoring Defense at 67.52

They take the most 3s while also having the highest make percentage.

Though they are not a tall team, they are the 2nd best rebounding team in the league.

Standout Players: 6'2" Jenna Johnson is the player who can go off on you. A high 4 star Freshman, She is a tough match-up as she successfully posts up much taller players but also has a good 3 ball and out quicks bigs on the outside and overpowers guards inside. In the last 5 games she is averaging around 20 points a game while shooting nearly 50% from 3. Other then Johnson they substitute like crazy with no player averaging over 25 minutes per game and 12 players averaging over 10 minutes per game

Key to the game: You'll get open shots, you need to make them as they'll make theirs.
panamaslim
Two Star Recruit

Post by panamaslim »

Utah’s 6-4 post McFarland is questionable for tonight. She’s a good one, very active.
rockthief
Senior

Post by rockthief »

There is no peaking for either of our teams. Utah is taking this one. The Ducks can't hit the basket.
DmoneyDuck
Freshman

Post by DmoneyDuck »

The officiating has been suspect tonight to say the least ... even the announcers are having trouble justifying some of these whistles late.
shoparound
Four Star Recruit

Post by shoparound »

Extremely questionable officiating as always with the Pac-12.
We had momentum getting the lead and they call a foul on the ute 3pt shooter that also led to Sabally getting fouled out.
Unfortunate end
nogerO
Senior

Post by nogerO »

Doesn't help when your point guard goes 7/18, 1/3 from three point line. That would make 11/31 and 2/7 for the tournament. At some point she needed to realize I'm in a slump. Maybe I should make one more pass? Well they'll be a 5-7 seed far away from home. Good luck ladies!
"To give anything less than your best, is to sacrifice the gift." - Steve Prefontaine
panamaslim
Two Star Recruit

Post by panamaslim »

I’m encouraged by the emergence of Watson. She could be a factor next season.
duck023
Four Star Recruit

Post by duck023 »

Very underachieving year for the woman ducks. Ever since Sabrina left the Ducks have no fire. Graves used to try to humble Sabrina but maybe he should have learned from her fire because he doesn't seem to have any. Also, the one bright spot this year which was Syndey Parrish has now been benched so I don't even think the future looks all that great for the woman ducks.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

duck023 wrote:Very underachieving year for the woman ducks. Ever since Sabrina left the Ducks have no fire. Graves used to try to humble Sabrina but maybe he should have learned from her fire because he doesn't seem to have any. Also, the one bright spot this year which was Syndey Parrish has now been benched so I don't even think the future looks all that great for the woman ducks.
Not sure where you're getting Parrish is benched as she played 31 minutes last night.
gogreen55
Senior

Post by gogreen55 »

duck023 wrote:Very underachieving year for the woman ducks. Ever since Sabrina left the Ducks have no fire. Graves used to try to humble Sabrina but maybe he should have learned from her fire because he doesn't seem to have any. Also, the one bright spot this year which was Syndey Parrish has now been benched so I don't even think the future looks all that great for the woman ducks.
The reason why you receive criticism on this board is because you come across like a complete and utter moron that can't possibly be attempting to be serious, thus it is assumed you are a troll. This incredibly asinine post (particularly the final sentence) is a prime example.