MBB: Oregon @ Washington State (Mar. 5, Sat, 1 PM CBS)

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

greenyellow

MBB: Oregon @ Washington State (Mar. 5, Sat, 1 PM CBS)

Post by greenyellow »

MAR. 5 (SAT) 1 PM
WASHINGTON STATE
PULLMAN, WA
TV: CBS
greenyellow

Re: MBB: Oregon @ Washington State (Mar. 5, Sat, 1 PM CBS)

Post by greenyellow »

Will Richardson is out due to injury, as they say he took a shot to the head in the UW game and hasn't felt well the past few days.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

WSU is shooting lights out from three and Oregon looks lethargic and confused without Richardson.
OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

WSU playing with more fire and energy, which isn’t a surprise at all.
OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

I must be a glutton for punishment to watch this Oregon team.

Big men must love playing Oregon, our ball hog guards with tunnel vision allow them to have easy blocks and our bigs think posting up at the elbow will actually lead to something. This team is just bad on so many levels.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

Another awful game from them. It certainly feels like no one on the team cares at this point. It's going to be a quick exit from the Pac-12 Tournament next week.
OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

greenyellow wrote:Another awful game from them. It certainly feels like no one on the team cares at this point. It's going to be a quick exit from the Pac-12 Tournament next week.
There’s a very good chance this isn’t a 20 win season.
OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

There definitely has not been another Altman team that has had worse perimeter defense.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

This season really can't end soon enough, especially with a "team" that lacks shooters, energy, awareness, or leadership. Not even sure how they got 18 wins.
OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

Done with the game. I know it’s blasphemy to criticize Altman but it might be mutually beneficial if he retires soon and the entire coaching staff is replaced. Coaches and players have done a poor job this season. Stubblefield was a big loss.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

Team just needs a retooling like they did after the bad 2017/18 season.
rockthief
Senior

Post by rockthief »

Only seven assist s fits this team perfectly. there is a lack of cohesive team play
droop10
Five Star Recruit

Post by droop10 »

OregonFan4Life wrote:Done with the game. I know it’s blasphemy to criticize Altman but it might be mutually beneficial if he retires soon and the entire coaching staff is replaced. Coaches and players have done a poor job this season. Stubblefield was a big loss.
It’s blasphemy, because it’s an absurd take. We’re going to say that one bad season suddenly makes Altman a bad coach? Do you think he has dementia and has suddenly forgotten how to coach? And a “bad” season that could still end with 20 wins. This team ended up being a bad fit, but it’ll be a whole new team next season. Not like it’ll take a long rebuild. Also, who do you expect to get that is better?

Altman is a top 10 college coach and I assure you the others on that list aren’t coming to Oregon. You’re overvaluing the program. It was an average at best program before Altman, with a mediocre fan base and playing in possibly the worst power 5 conference. They are a top tier program because of Altman, not in spite of him. People always assume the grass is greener, but I assure you it is not.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

droop10 wrote:
OregonFan4Life wrote:Done with the game. I know it’s blasphemy to criticize Altman but it might be mutually beneficial if he retires soon and the entire coaching staff is replaced. Coaches and players have done a poor job this season. Stubblefield was a big loss.
It’s blasphemy, because it’s an absurd take. We’re going to say that one bad season suddenly makes Altman a bad coach? Do you think he has dementia and has suddenly forgotten how to coach? And a “bad” season that could still end with 20 wins. This team ended up being a bad fit, but it’ll be a whole new team next season. Not like it’ll take a long rebuild. Also, who do you expect to get that is better?

Altman is a top 10 college coach and I assure you the others on that list aren’t coming to Oregon. You’re overvaluing the program. It was an average at best program before Altman, with a mediocre fan base and playing in possibly the worst power 5 conference. They are a top tier program because of Altman, not in spite of him. People always assume the grass is greener, but I assure you it is not.
It's like people forgot how the last coaching search went.
OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

droop10 wrote:

Lol where did I say Altman is a bad coach? Do I think he’s had a bad season? Yes, do I think he’s bad coach? No, but the program may be headed in a bad direction and I believe Altman truly doesn’t enjoy coaching anymore. He’s made comments the last couple years that makes me think he doesn’t enjoy it. He still coaches with fire but I just believe there’s a good chance him retiring would be mutually beneficial. Maybe he’ll prove me wrong and come back and will enjoy it I just personally don’t see that. But there is no doubt this year has been nowhere near Altman’s best work.