WBB NCAAT: #12 Belmont v #5 Oregon (Mar. 19, Sat 2:30 PM)

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

bigsugarduck
Five Star Recruit

Re: WBB NCAAT: #12 Belmont v #5 Oregon (Mar. 19, Sat 2:30 PM

Post by bigsugarduck »

rockthief wrote:Without Sabally this team is a mess. Why would she stay? We need a shooting guard and and ...
Don't kid yourself, Sabally was absolutely a big part of the disfunction. Has been a turnover machine her whole career, killing possessions, sloppy passes, and still very inconsistent. She has been terrible when double teamed, bull rushing into turnovers, when a smart player passes out to a wide open shooter. She is incredibly talented but is not a savvy player and that limits the teams potential.
Stewart Mandel-"From a purely aesthetic standpoint, I much prefer to watch a good spread-rushing offense over a traditional Power-I offense, and Oregon's has been the most fun by far for the past several years. It's fast, its precise, and when Chip Kelly has the right quarterback (Dixon, Masoli) at the helm, the possibility of someone ripping off a 60-yard run exists on nearly every play."
duck023
Four Star Recruit

Post by duck023 »

Very disappointed. When the best thing you can say about a season is the recruiting it isn't a good season. I hope Chance Gray and Grace VanSlooten can be starters next year. I also hope that Parrish can get a little more playing time, or she'll likely transfer to Indiana which is a better team right now.
shoparound
Four Star Recruit

Post by shoparound »

At the end of the day, this is an incredibly disappointing end to what is supposed to be a loaded team.

Yes, Sabally can score points, but I've always said she is very sloppy and will turn the ball over lots of times.
The whole team is just inconsistent and doesn't have good chemistry.

Parrish has got to be the most disappointing player right now, given her credentials coming in. This also shows we can never trust what Graves says about the recruits, as he said she was the best pure shooter in the country. Either he's delusional or just a bad judgement of talent.
nogerO
Senior

Post by nogerO »

shoparound wrote:At the end of the day, this is an incredibly disappointing end to what is supposed to be a loaded team.

Yes, Sabally can score points, but I've always said she is very sloppy and will turn the ball over lots of times.
The whole team is just inconsistent and doesn't have good chemistry.

Parrish has got to be the most disappointing player right now, given her credentials coming in. This also shows we can never trust what Graves says about the recruits, as he said she was the best pure shooter in the country. Either he's delusional or just a bad judgement of talent.
Or she just choked at this level where everyone is as good or better than you. All of the fall/winter season teams were a big let down. Let's hope baseball/softball can bring some relief.
"To give anything less than your best, is to sacrifice the gift." - Steve Prefontaine